No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y’all being East Texas like me, do y’all wash yalls camo in a special detergent ? Also, if y’all use buck bombs, how well did they work? From what the weather shows as of now this weekend it’ll be a tad bit windy .

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
      I see you are in Athens, how hard was the Crossroads/Cayuga area hit? I have a creek/slough crossing that gets impassable at times and just trying to get a gauge on what to expect

I am not sure, but it’s been raining here all day. I am not that far from Crossroads. I live South of Athens to the east of Crossroads. The storm was moving east, so I would think there has been a lot of rain there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
        That area was one of the worst hit. I'm southeast of Athens and we got pounded. 4" of rain in 30 min. Wind was crazy!!!!! I'm sure the creek/slough is impassable especially after today's additional rainfall.

Yes, this sounds more like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
          That area was one of the worst hit. I'm southeast of Athens and we got pounded. 4" of rain in 30 min. Wind was crazy!!!!! I'm sure the creek/slough is impassable especially after today's additional rainfall.
          That's not what I was hoping for but kind of what I expected. Thanks for the update.

Comment

My lease has been getting hammered with rain since about 9pm last night, maybe even earlier than that. Checked the radar when I got to work and its still....raining..

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Hope that pen works for you, but... you may need more t-posts...put one in the middle of each panel, and make sure the panels are all flat on the ground... if a hog can get its nose under a panel anywhere, they will push right on under. Additional posts will help that.
              That was before I finished. There is a post every 8 feet except right in front where I will open it to feed up. Also when we cut the panels we cut in the middle of a square so I have about 2.5-3” of panel pushed down in to the ground all the way around.

Comment

Seen two spikes this morning already on my feed route

Comment

I sat (SW of Frankston) yesterday until 12:30 when it started to rain heavily and saw two doe an a nubbin buck that is a fawn of one of the doe. I don't have any shooter bucks on camera, but I did find this and it had been freshened up! I know the mature bucks are around but i have yet to see one so far this season.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yep big bucks around Hufman/Commons on a lake Houston. Wasn't the TalonErickson shot a big ten point thread from there a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                      That was before I finished. There is a post every 8 feet except right in front where I will open it to feed up. Also when we cut the panels we cut in the middle of a square so I have about 2.5-3” of panel pushed down in to the ground all the way around.
                      Perfect!! you should be good to go and cutting that bottom horizontal wire off to stick the wire in the ground is a very good move! I may steal that idea for my South Texas place... if the water ever goes down where I can get in there and recover my feeder!!

Comment

Perfect!! you should be good to go and cutting that bottom horizontal wire off to stick the wire in the ground is a very good move! I may steal that idea for my South Texas place... if the water ever goes down where I can get in there and recover my feeder!!
                        I think it was Gar Guy that posted the idea about sticking the panels in the ground like that.

Comment

Sorry to hear that about your STX place flooding.

Don't you have a place in the Trinity bottom as well? You might want to get down there and salvage what you can, I'm not sure what level you flood at but Livingston is 1.5+over full, Riverside gauge is reading 137+, Wyser Bluff 145+, Midway 143+ and they are already releasing 76K CFS from the dam. I would say Liberty is going to be seeing some flooding soon.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                            Sorry to hear that about your STX place flooding.

Don't you have a place in the Trinity bottom as well? You might want to get down there and salvage what you can, I'm not sure what level you flood at but Livingston is 1.5+over full, Riverside gauge is reading 137+, Wyser Bluff 145+, Midway 143+ and they are already releasing 76K CFS from the dam. I would say Liberty is going to be seeing some flooding soon.
                            Yessir, too late for some of my Liberty county stuff... the rest I can't get to... Been a tough year... Was hoping to get a break after all the Harvey mess last year... NOPE.... such is life when you hunt in the Trinity River bottom, ESPECIALLY this close to the coast...

Comment

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

This rain sure is hurting several peoples spots.

Opening weekend I was crossing 18” of water in a slew to get to a oak bottom on a bayou I hunt.
                              Thinking I’ll need a boat to get back there now.

But it’s one of those hard to get to places that you just know a giant is lurking around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Last edited by Hix; 10-16-2018, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Every camera I checked today had morning and mid day pics. None of those were on corn. 2 on trails, one in food plot

Comment

Working...
                                X