Canada geese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada geese

I am going north to shoot Canada geese and ducks. Who where and why says the green screen. I am not a big commercial operation type of customer. I prefer a mom and pop but quality hunt. I don't have to have a barrel burner but real and quality are what I seek. No high fenced birds for me.

Go!

How far north?

For North Texas

Every year we have a big group hunt with Dry Creek Outfitters out of Wichita Falls and we have an absolute blast. They have grown quite a bit due to word of mouth but I don't get the big "commercial operation" feel

Comment

My buddy Scott Feist has some of the best duck and goose hunting you could want in the Sacramento Valley.

He is a one man show. Hunts geese and ducks in the fall/winter and fishes for stripper and Salmon in the spring and Summer. Great guy and has some fantastic private hunting grounds.

Here is his Facebook page.

Last edited by TXJIM; 09-13-2018, 09:05 AM.

Comment

By north I mean the dakotas or comparible

Comment

Fowlco Garber Oklahoma

Comment

Not apposed to a Kansas beat down either.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
              Fowlco Garber Oklahoma
              I sent them a email looking to price it out.

Comment

Originally posted by wal1809 View Post
                By north I mean the dakotas or comparible
                Only problem with South Dakota is you have to draw your waterfowl permit.

Wayne, check out Prairie Rock Outfitters in Nebraska. They hunt honkers, lessers, and mallards all along the North Platte River. They guy who came and filmed for RNT-V with us is good friends with them. If he is friends with them, they are good people.

JP

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                  Only problem with South Dakota is you have to draw your waterfowl permit.

Wayne, check out Prairie Rock Outfitters in Nebraska. They hunt honkers, lessers, and mallards all along the North Platte River. They guy who came and filmed for RNT-V with us is good friends with them. If he is friends with them, they are good people.

JP
                  Now this is the information I am looking for, Thank you JP! You want to go?

Comment

Originally posted by wal1809 View Post
                    Now this is the information I am looking for, Thank you JP! You want to go?
                    Yes, Alex and I would definitely be interested in doing something 2019-2020 season. We have had our 2018-2019 season planned out and booked up since the end of last year . I will check with my buddy, Jake, on prices and when he thinks the best time would be, hopefully during our split

Comment

Big Bend outfitting in Saskatchewan, Canada

Birch Hills is located in the heart of the Saskatchewan, a mere 1½ hour drive from Saskatoon, and 3½ hours from Regina and ½ hour from Prince Albert. Our area consists of 5 Wildlife Management Zones, where we mainly concentrate hunting in zone 42. This gives us tens of thousands of acres of prime farmland, parkland and water bodies, providing very successful hunting opportunities. Bordering the northern boreal forest of Saskatchewan our area is first to receive the large swarms of returning migratory birds. They are hungry for grains from our fields and the many surrounding lakes, sloughs, and the North and South Saskatchewan Rivers provide excellent roosting grounds for the duration of their stay. You will stay in our newly renovated lodge located 6 miles from Birch Hills located in the small town of Hagen, Saskatchewan. You will be pampered by all specially prepared fresh cooked meals by two of the best cooks that could be found. It is their mandate to make your dining experience one to remember.

The guides name is Reg Quaale

We had a fantastic hunt a few years ago.

Lots of Canada geese, Snows, and Mallards.

All dry hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                        Yes, Alex and I would definitely be interested in doing something 2019-2020 season. We have had our 2018-2019 season planned out and booked up since the end of last year . I will check with my buddy, Jake, on prices and when he thinks the best time would be, hopefully during our split
                        Ok, if all works out, lets whack em! Always wanted to hunt the Platte. If we are in pit blinds I might bring the bride along. Cold weather hurts the bones in her skull. I reckon its the metal from the accident that hurts her. If we are in pits she would be good to go.

Comment

If you want to try a lot south of the northern border, the panhandle of Texas is loaded with Canada geese. Out of the Lubbock area, Tule Creek, Blackfoot and Longneck outfitters all kill lots of geese. PM me if you want some numbers to call.

Comment

Blackfoot Outfitters out of Lubbock do a bang up job. We go with them every year.

Comment

Just curious how tall of a fence do you have for geese?

Comment

Working...
                              X