Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best scope for less than $400 out the door?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best scope for less than $400 out the door?

My dad is looking to buy a new scope for a .223 bolt action. Nothing too crazy. Willing to spend up to $400. He’s planning on taking it on a prairie dog shoot in a couple weeks.

What would you guys be looking at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With that price range:

https://www.sportoptics.com/meopta-m...le-scopes.aspx

Comment

Probably whatever leupold i get for 400 dollars. Maybe used to maximize my cashola

Comment

I would say anything I filtered out in these links. My long range set ups have Leupold, Vortex and Sightron on them. I really like the standardized MOA reticles also. My 223 prairie dog rifle has a SWFA 10x MOA on it. For $300 you will be hard pressed to beat the SWFA.

SWFA is an optics manufacturing specializing in rifle scopes built for tactical, hunting, and long range shooting known for quality and precision optics.

Comment

Burris Fullfield 4-12x42 E1

Can get a combo pack through Optics Planet that has the 4-12 and comes with a free 3-9x40 for something like $370. I have the 4-12 on my Sako 300 Win and also on a Rem 700 7mm-08 AI

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
            +1

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
              Burris Fullfield 4-12x42 E1

Can get a combo pack through Optics Planet that has the 4-12 and comes with a free 3-9x40 for something like $370. I have the 4-12 on my Sako 300 Win and also on a Rem 700 7mm-08 AI
              Yep

Comment

For best price on Leupold check Lockedloaded.com, it takes about two weeks for them to ship any orders but they have the best price with email request.

For better glass around that price Meopta is hard to beat. Also the Sig Tango4 series have good price point. Optics Planet have the best prices on those.

Comment

I don't know if it is the best for the money but it has a lot of features and you can get a nice set of rings and still be at your budget for scope

Comment

I have an older zeiss conquest that has been awesome for the price. I think they have changed some things and I’m not sure if they still make them how they used to.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                      I don't know if it is the best for the money but it has a lot of features and you can get a nice set of rings and still be at your budget for scope

https://www.eurooptic.com/Vortex-Str...e-SE-1626.aspx
                      For $300 I would go with this. I have one on my Grendel and like it a lot.

Comment

Whatever Leupold Vx3i you can find in that price point

Comment

SFWA at that price point

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                            SFWA at that price point
                            But are any available?

Comment

Look at Natchez SS. I bought two scopes that were heavily discounted a month ago. It seems they still have several Bushnell and Burris scopes on sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X