No announcement yet.

School me on used four wheelers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You cant go wrong with a Honda, Yamaha, or Kawasaki 4 wheeler. Look at all the older ones still running and going strong! They pretty much make up these 3 brands as far as 4 wheelers go

Comment

In on this. SxS are higher than a grocery bill.

Comment

Anything Honda with a foot shift. Beware of the ads that say “adult ridden.” Adults can tear one up worse than a child. If I were in the market I would be looking for a 4x4 420 for the application you mention.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
          Anything that says Honda on it.
          This !

Comment

I have a 300 Honda Fourtrax 4x4 1999 model that is still going strong. It is a workhorse and a mountain goat! I plow food plots with it too. I also own Honda trail 110 motorcycles and have owned Honda CR 80’s, 125’s, 250’s and XR 80. All bulletproof! Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by Troutamer View Post
              Honda Rancher. Find one that has been used for the same thing you are going to do with it. Steer clear of the ones with after market wheels, lift kit, snorkels, extra racks, ect.

This 100%
              I have one I bought new in 2004
              Never doesn’t start and has been the best machine I’ve ever owned
              They are bullet proof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

2000 fourtrax 4x4. I also plow plots with mine. The extra low gear and full time 4wd provide for a solid unit and just wont stop. Minimal maintenance

Comment

I've had good luck with Honda, Polaris, and Yamaha..

I'm actually about to sell a very low hour Polaris 450 4x4 (2019)...

Comment

Honda Rancher

Comment

Nothing wrong with electric shift model's. Its a simple dependable system.

Comment

look for 90's to early 2000's main stream models. If you don't get in a hurry, you can find real clean examples for 2k or less.

Comment

great luck with Kawasaki here also.

look for a clean and straight machine. just like with used cars and boats; bent up rusty torn up is just another sign of what lurks within

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                            Unlike Fd..You could give me a Honda,but I'm not gonna buy one.I've had the worst luck with Honda engines..From dirt bikes,four wheelers,lawn mowers,and one air compressor..I'll never buy another.
                            I've had great luck with Polaris,Yamaha,Suzuki,and Kawasaki engines..I'd buy anything Kawasaki,and make sure it's light enough(or you're strong enough)to pick up the front end.Off the ground.Good luck!
                            I have 4 Honda 3 wheelers from 1983/84 that are still running to this day and a 1969 Honda CT70......

You cant kill these Hondas...but I would never get the Foreman with electric shift

Comment

You are safe with any of the big names...Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, even Polaris imo.

350-500 ccs is plenty of power. Seriously, power is overrated on 4 wheelers and UTVs.

Just my opinion, but when looking at used machines, I'd look for the ones that are closest to stock options as possible. Although it's not always true, the tricked out machines have a higher probability of being ragged out more.

Look for models with independent rear suspension if possible. The added ride comfort is worth it.

Comment

^^^^^ I’m not a small guy and have a 360 4x4. I hunt mule deer country and can go anywhere that I dare to. I’ve never even had to use 4x4. Me and deer on back with no problem and still can move it around by hand if I get in a tough spot. I would stick with Yamaha, Kawasaki or Honda personally. Take care of the bike and it will take care of you. Mine is a 2003 and has never let me down

Comment

Working...
                                X