Exotic animal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
    I thought legally they are treated like livestock if they have ear tags. If you kill a deer or exotic you are subject to paying restitution to the owner. You sure do find out a lot about the character of some individuals when able to post anonymously. Wonder why landowners are hesitant about leasing their hunting grounds or the price is so high? Who wants to deal with guys that may cause trouble with you and your neighbors?
    That's fine. I can promise the cost of your exotic grazing on my land is going to cost more than that animal if said animal winds up dead.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      Do you know the difference in the law though when it comes to ear tagged exotics? Are they considered the landowners livestock or not?
      Yes, yes I do!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sure wouldn’t want very many of y’all for neighbors!
        Exotics tagged or tattooed are livestock and if you are caught killing one without permission you can be charged for felony theft of livestock! How many of y’all want that charge against you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Still waiting on an expert reply
          Do you have to give access to your land so that the livestock owner can attempt to capture his animal or do you take ownership at some point it it remains on your land?

Comment

What if the neighbors meth head son wanders onto your property without a tag or tattoo. Open season or livestock?

Lots of gray area here.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              Still waiting on an expert reply
              Do you have to give access to your land so that the livestock owner can attempt to capture his animal or do you take ownership at some point it it remains on your land?
              For me. Depends on the neighbor. I have 2 who can access anytime they would like. 1 I would not allow past the gate for any reason.

Comment

Then why is the livestock owner liable for damage if said animal is hit by a car on the highway? That happened to a landowner here in Vanderpool with his big lechwe bull that he had been trying to recapture for over 2 months. Every single attempt to catch was ruined by test car drivers honking their freaking horns ant running through the guts driving the animal back to the ranch.

Comment

It’s been made out clear enough for me. I’m not messing with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                    For me. Depends on the neighbor. I have 2 who can access anytime they would like. 1 I would not allow past the gate for any reason.
                    Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by BDKeeling View Post
                      Sure wouldn’t want very many of y’all for neighbors!
                      Exotics tagged or tattooed are livestock and if you are caught killing one without permission you can be charged for felony theft of livestock! How many of y’all want that charge against you?

How can I be charged for felony theft of livestock if it's on my property eating my graze that I planted for my cows?

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                        How can I be charged for felony theft of livestock if it's on my property eating my graze that I planted for my cows?

It is tagged or branded you are required to contact county animal control, if your cattle cross a fence are they fair game for that land owner?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                          What if the neighbors meth head son wanders onto your property without a tag or tattoo. Open season or livestock?

Lots of gray area here.
                          why the nonsense thrown in?

Comment

my favorite part of these threads is that the laws never actually get posted.

Im sure Texas defines livestock in the penal code.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                              my favorite part of these threads is that the laws never actually get posted.

Im sure Texas defines livestock in the penal code.

Comment

It is your responsibility as the livestock owner to make sure your livestock stays on your property. I think there is a very GRAY line here on Exotics vs. Livestock. We all know not to shoot someone's **** cow or their horse or goat, sheep, etc. A tagged axis, blackbuck, etc is considered an exotic and therefor has no season by the state of Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X