Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread 4th Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw this deer chasing a doe at about 250 yards Friday morning. They went out of sight over the hill. I picked up the rattling horns and banged then as hard as I could and a few minutes later he came running in looking for a fight. First year on this place and never hunted this area before. I’m pretty impressed with the body size on the deer. They are huge compared to where I hunted in Sonora. 21” inside spread. Stephens County.

Comment

Very very nice. Congrats!!

Comment

The ladies the Middle of North Texas are flat out killers! Congratulations to both!

Comment

Way to go BowSlayer!

Comment

[QUOTE=BowSlayer;15285570]I saw this deer chasing a doe at about 250 yards Friday morning. They went out of sight over the hill. I picked up the rattling horns and banged then as hard as I could and a few minutes later he came running in looking for a fight. First year on this place and never hunted this area before. I’m pretty impressed with the body size on the deer. They are huge compared to where I hunted in Sonora. 21” inside spread. Stephens County.

Very nice looking buck. Congratulations!!

Comment

Awesome Blossom! Congrats Abryn and Matt. Heck of a deer.

Bowslayer got him a good one for sure!
              Congrats!

Comment

Heck of a buck Bowslayer!

If anyone in the area ever has the need for a place to stay we have a brand new VRBO that sleeps 4 less than a mile outside of Graham.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                  Big Dave, those are rubs in pic 3 and 4, probably what they call a sign post rub, lots of bucks use it, i would set a camera up while the rut is still happening. We got to our place yesterday afternoon, did not see much last evening, saw one good buck that I wanted Kyle to take but he was with a doe across the fence, we decided to leave while the leaving was good around 11 this morning, was like driving on owl poop for 4 miles, spent a few bucks at the Electra car wash, i bet that owner just loves us, lol.
                  I 've left that feller some mud myself
                  Y'alls driveway is a looooong mess! Ours is a short mess now.
                  The rain was much needed. The oats should shoot up. We aren't seeing much on the wheat/oats. Prolly to many groceries in the pasture yet.

I forgot to put a camera on that dang tree. Just have to imagine a monsta or two are doing all that.

I hope Kyle gets him a big boy soon.

Stop honking when ya drive by and come see us!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                    I 've left that feller some mud myself
                    Y'alls driveway is a looooong mess! Ours is a short mess now.
                    The rain was much needed. The oats should shoot up. We aren't seeing much on the wheat/oats. Prolly to many groceries in the pasture yet.

I forgot to put a camera on that dang tree. Just have to imagine a monsta or two are doing all that.

I hope Kyle gets him a big boy soon.

Stop honking when ya drive by and come see us!

Comment

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on a nice buck!

I decided I would fence out the hogs this weekend. I started Friday afternoon but quit to go hunt another stand after 45 mins. It was raining most of the day Saturday but I got it finished between hunts. 9.5 panels total. The hogs have been on a morning/evening routine so I’m hoping this will at least help pick up the deer movement some.

We didn’t see any bucks chasing this weekend in Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
                          Congrats on a nice buck!

I decided I would fence out the hogs this weekend. I started Friday afternoon but quit to go hunt another stand after 45 mins. It was raining most of the day Saturday but I got it finished between hunts. 9.5 panels total. The hogs have been on a morning/evening routine so I’m hoping this will at least help pick up the deer movement some.

We didn’t see any bucks chasing this weekend in Jack.

That will be my first project in January. Planning to use 10 panels.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                            That will be my first project in January. Planning to use 10 panels.

How much do the hogs bother you?

I wish I would have built mine sooner. I moved my stand and didn’t set it back up this year. No one else on my lease has panels around their feeder so I’m hoping it will give me an advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
                              How much do the hogs bother you?

I wish I would have built mine sooner. I moved my stand and didn’t set it back up this year. No one else on my lease has panels around their feeder so I’m hoping it will give me an advantage.

Lately they have only been coming at night. Through the summer they showed up every time the feeder threw and cleaned it up. I plan to put protein out in January and don’t want hogs eating any.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                                Stonewall
                                Monster bucks TBAR! I need to buy you lunch at Hickman’s or the pizza place some day!

Comment

Working...
                                X