No announcement yet.

New property and new toys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome place! Cabin is coming along nice!

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStarBoggers View Post
      Awesome place! Cabin is coming along nice!
      It's slow but steady. The plumber will be out tomorrow for the rough in. I will be the one setting the fixtures once it is time for that, hopefully soon. My wife wanted to be in the cabin for Christmas, and I'm going to try my hardest to make that work.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
        It works as hard as you can push it. The only thing I need to do to it is add a sprig rod to hold the hoses out of the way.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
        Yea i could see that. Dozer operator looks like he is doing good. Of course you end up with alot of dirt in the piles and misc roots and sapplings that he cant get but you can make quick work with the puller and grapple to clean that up.

We have 2 D7s and i cant wait to start using the skid steer to help clean up behind them it should make things go much quicker. You need to find you some heavy iron and big truck tires to make a drag to pull around once done. I guess you could weld a hitch on the back of the skid steer to pull it from.

Comment

Great thread. One day I hope to do this same thing.

Comment

Place is looking great! Good luck on making Mama happy with that Christmas date! You can get it!

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
              Yea i could see that. Dozer operator looks like he is doing good. Of course you end up with alot of dirt in the piles and misc roots and sapplings that he cant get but you can make quick work with the puller and grapple to clean that up.

We have 2 D7s and i cant wait to start using the skid steer to help clean up behind them it should make things go much quicker. You need to find you some heavy iron and big truck tires to make a drag to pull around once done. I guess you could weld a hitch on the back of the skid steer to pull it from.
              I actually have a harrow im planning on putting weight on and drag it out behind the CAT. There is a bunch of dirt in the pile that I will have to use the root grapple to get the stuff at the bottom of the piles out with. The work never stops.

Comment

the pond work got started today and im already look for more work fornthe man.

Comment

nice work

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                    nice work
                    Thank you. Im planning on having a couple Thanksgiving break bonfires.

Comment

Enjoying the follow along.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
                        Ur having way too much fun! Lookin good
                        Ain't it, the truth......................

Comment

And just like that, WE HAVE PLUMBING! My lifelong friend is a master plumber who took time out of is very busy construction schedule to come with a couple of his guys yesterday. This took.them half the day and if I would have done it I would still be working on it into next month. I love the progress, now I need to finish up the wiring.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                            Thank you sir, I appreciate that. I though about renting a dozer but I have no clue how to dig a pond the right way. He is charging me $5500 for a stock pond, clearing five acres of dense timber, building my road, and repairing a water way that I'm having to cross to get to the future house. I thought that to be more than fair for the amount of work he will be doing this week. I will be posting more updates as the week progresses.
                            That's a smoking deal.

Comment

The pool is dug and we now have very close to 6 acres on the ridge cleared off. This land has beautiful terrain and we are very happy with the results so far. There are tons of mature trees hidden in this scrub. I will be uncovering them when I end up with a mulcher for the CAT.

Comment

Man, that is coming along nicely!

Comment

Working...
                                X