Looking for chest holster information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to buy a new holster for my P365 and my XD 40 for my pig hunting and tracking at night. The jimmy rig of a belt over my neck rambo style I have rolling right now is pathetic and its time to do it right. At my size(although I'm currently working on that), belts and waist style holsters just don't seem to do the job working around all my parts... Plus they get in the way when I'm limited for room anyway.....like getting into my truck.

Any of you folks use chest holsters and like them as a viable alternative to side holsters for a bowhunting backup. What brand do you prefer? I'm probably looking at something synthetic and black since I primarily hunting out of black boxes and wear primarily black doing so....but am open to anything that might be worth the money and practical. Let's hear it....

Last edited by Smart; 11-16-2020, 05:34 PM.

Kenai is what I plan to buy .

Comment

I have one of these for my Judge.

Comment

You wanting to carry vertical? Or horizontal?

Uncle Mike's for a quick fix.

Shopping for the Pro-Pak Vertical Shoulder Holster? Learn more about the latest Pro-Pak Shoulder Holsters and more at Uncle Mikes.

Shopping for the Cross-Harness Horizontal Shoulder Holster? Learn more about the latest Pro-Pak Shoulder Holsters and more at Uncle Mikes.

Shopping for the Pro-Pak Horizontal Shoulder Holsters - RH Only? Learn more about the latest Pro-Pak Shoulder Holsters and more at Uncle Mikes.

I do have a bandelero for one of my Super 14s. And a vertical for 10" barrels. They ain't no 365 . But maybe they might have something you can live with for hunting.

Comment

Safari Land for leather is another classic. And they make one for the 365.

Alien Gear Cloak Shoulder Holster designed for the Sig P365 is adjustable and comfortable for concealed carry. Features CoolVent neoprene cushioning, adjustable straps, and belt hooks.

Also:
          The Guides Choice™ Leather Chest Holster, the ULTIMATE outdoor leather gun holster.Alaskan Made gun holster for easy use and utility.NOTHING better, guaranteed!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            Safari Land for leather is another classic. And they make one for the 365.

Alien Gear Cloak Shoulder Holster designed for the Sig P365 is adjustable and comfortable for concealed carry. Features CoolVent neoprene cushioning, adjustable straps, and belt hooks.

Also:
            https://www.diamonddcustomleather.co...-chest-holster

Chest holster Mike...not a shoulder holster. Kinda like this one from that same Alien gear..

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
              Kenai is what I plan to buy .

So no experience with one yet? know anybody with one?

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post

How do you like it?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                So no experience with one yet? know anybody with one?

How do you like it?

It’s all I will use to carry at the lease now!I hate belt holsters mainly because I want my revolver accessible instead of having to move multiple layers of clothing to get to it. I have mine quite a bit higher than in that picture as well and you can make adjustments in multiple ways to get it to exactly where you like it. I really like that it stays put when I bend over, etc. I tried a less expensive chest holster before this one and it would move around too much for what I like.

Comment

It’s all I will use to carry at the lease now!I hate belt holsters mainly because I want my revolver accessible instead of having to move multiple layers of clothing to get to it. I have mine quite a bit higher than in that picture as well and you can make adjustments in multiple ways to get it to exactly where you like it. I really like that it stays put when I bend over, etc. I tried a less expensive chest holster before this one and it would move around too much for what I like.

Oh and I got it with the strip for extra ammo as well.

Comment

I have a nylon rig from Diamond D. Very comfortable and well made.

The BEST Alaskan designed and field-tested gun holster, the Denali™ Chest Holster. This is truly the BEST outdoor chest holster for ANY adventure or weather condition. This holster is easy to wear, quick to draw, and offers unmatched comfort. Custom chest holsters made for your exact gun. Made in the USA gun holster

GS Holsters also has a nice setup.
                    Last edited by Gherkin05; 11-16-2020, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that info. Good stuff.

Was the cheaper one the $89 alien gear one?

Comment

Thanks for that info. Good stuff.

Was the cheaper one the $89 alien gear one?

I honestly don’t remember. It was more like $50... I had a hard time finding something to fit across the chest that would work for me (female and all). Lol.

Comment

I honestly don’t remember. It was more like $50... I had a hard time finding something to fit across the chest that would work for me (female and all). Lol.

Hahahahaha.....

Comment

Chest holster Mike...not a shoulder holster. Kinda like this one from that same Alien gear..

Yah, I saw that one too. Just didn't know if you were open to other options. I kinda figured as "Smart" as you are, you'd look around in there a little too.

Comment

I’ve not used one but on a couple other forums I frequent guys that hint Alaska and the mountains regularly seem to prefer Kenai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X