• Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are straight up gettin it done!

Place looks great

Comment

Enjoy seeing your progress. Great job

Comment

Thanks for the encouraging words guys. My butt has been dragging in this heat, 40 is definitely not the new 20. We got the exterior trim work done and I have moved on to pulling out the old sheet rock as of yesterday. I found a dump in mineola that takes building material so thats better than just digging a hole,haa. I had to get my lanes mowed yesterday as well on the new Grasshopper 72". We are meeting with a realtor this morning to put out house that I built in 2006 up for sale. We are in the middle of moving all our stuff to a storage building. Looks like the family will be living in the camper until we.get the cabin finished.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

It's been a few months since I have updated the progress of our place. As of last Friday we closed on the sell of our home in Caddo Mills and have since have gone to full time living in the camper. It's four of us with dogs, and it is to say the least, crowded. We have been in full swing of getting all of our possessions moved from the house to the land, and also into storage. Now that we have gotten out of the house I am going full tilt on getting the little house finished. My lifelong friend is coming out this week to do the rough in on the plumbing, and we hope to have a septic system installed in the next two weeks.

I have a very experienced dozer man bringing out his equipment tomorrow to stay for a while. he is going to doze through the woods for about 200 yards then clear about fives acres off that will be the build site for our barndo. He will also be digging a 30 yard pond and I hope the have enough money left over to have him clear some of the property borders that are in heavy timber. The guy has an old school D9 and an excavator he will be doing the work with.

As of last week I sold my trusty CAT 289 and was able to upgrade to a CAT 299 skid steer. I put it to use this weekend and was really impressed with the extra HP and smooth ride.

Comment

Ive also been having some nice bucks show up in the last couple weeks.

Comment

I have a very good dozer man that I have used for several jobs over the years, and I was finally able to get him out today. He started on winding our new driveway through the woods and then started clearing somewhere around 5 acres for our new homesite and a pond. This big old cat will out work my skid steer like crazy for clearing. He will be making a few different burn piles as well. All this work going on will be able to be reported on my taxes and also will help me achieve my long term wildlife exemption on the land. He said he should have all the clearing done and the pond dug by the beginning of next week.

If any of yall need dozer work at a very reasonable price by a very professional man, give Keener Dozer Service out of Commerce Tx a shot.

Comment

OK, I'm all caught up.
                Hell'va job there, I know its tough what you're doing, I'm in the same boat. We bought a small place near La Grange and it's been a B at times. You are doing it right with buying the equipment. I tried the rental equipment route, which has been a headache and I actually had a rental dozer catch on fire.
                Keep up the work, it looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
                  OK, I'm all caught up.
                  Hell'va job there, I know its tough what you're doing, I'm in the same boat. We bought a small place near La Grange and it's been a B at times. You are doing it right with buying the equipment. I tried the rental equipment route, which has been a headache and I actually had a rental dozer catch on fire.
                  Keep up the work, it looks great.
                  Thank you sir, I appreciate that. I though about renting a dozer but I have no clue how to dig a pond the right way. He is charging me $5500 for a stock pond, clearing five acres of dense timber, building my road, and repairing a water way that I'm having to cross to get to the future house. I thought that to be more than fair for the amount of work he will be doing this week. I will be posting more updates as the week progresses.

Comment

Congrats -yall looking good. Praying to get the ball rolling on my place.

Comment

Great thread! The wife and I are working hard to get to the goal of buying a big piece of land in 21 or 22. Congrats to y’all looks like memories made and very rewarding in the progress.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonR6ryda View Post
                        Congrats -yall looking good. Praying to get the ball rolling on my place.
                        Be careful, its will become your lifes work if you are lucky. We love making our place our own, just wish I was 10 years younger.

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
                          Great thread! The wife and I are working hard to get to the goal of buying a big piece of land in 21 or 22. Congrats to y’all looks like memories made and very rewarding in the progress.
                          Keep looking because you never know what will show up. there was 100 acres down from us that sold in three day that had a house on it. I think it went for 320k.

Comment

I like that intimidator. I have been thinking of buying one for my skid steer also. I have a tree puller for my ag tractor and it works great i can only imagine the added uses of the grubber part and the saws on the side.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                              I like that intimidator. I have been thinking of buying one for my skid steer also. I have a tree puller for my ag tractor and it works great i can only imagine the added uses of the grubber part and the saws on the side.
                              It works as hard as you can push it. The only thing I need to do to it is add a sprig rod to hold the hoses out of the way.

Comment

We had some really nice progress go down today. The dozer worked about three or four acres pushed down when I there today. I now have two massive brush piles to light. Hopefully he will get the rest of the brush pushed down tomorrow and get started on the pond. There have been several massive oak trees uncovered that were hiding in the thick of it all that we will be keeping, and will.be around our house.

Comment

Working...
                                X