Gun During Bow Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun During Bow Season

New to bow hunting this year and was trying to find out if i could have a gun with me in the field. Have a lot of pigs at our place and though about a shotgun with 00buck in it. Not sure if that is legal or just asking for trouble if a warden stopped by. Thanks for the advice.

legal. just don't shoot a deer with it if not under the appropriate mld to do so.

Comment

Im in the legal camp. As long as you don’t shoot a deer with a rifle or shotgun you should be good.

I’ll be taking my 6.5 Grendel to the stand my first time out. Too many hogs coming in for me not too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s completely legal to do this. Used to not be, but I think it was 2016 they changed it to where you can now. I take my NV and sit after dark for pigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Legal.

Comment

Why not just use your bow? Lots of folks think,” I’ll take a gun and mow them down.” The reality is very few people are gonna be able to get off multiple shots unless you’re hunting a wide open field.

Comment

Originally posted by gonesouth View Post
              why not just use your bow? Lots of folks think,” i’ll take a gun and mow them down.” the reality is very few people are gonna be able to get off multiple shots unless you’re hunting a wide open field.
              ^^this^^

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
                Why not just use your bow? Lots of folks think,” I’ll take a gun and mow them down.” The reality is very few people are gonna be able to get off multiple shots unless you’re hunting a wide open field.
                Cause he can...

Comment

The only reason would be Distance.....

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
                    The only reason would be Distance.....
                    Not if he is taking a shotgun.

Comment

Used to be a law you could not but they did away with that

Besides, any GW worth his salt can tell a gunshot from an arrow shot wound

If I was carrying a gun (and I have before) when deer hunting it would be to reach out, rifle

If I had a ton of pigs I would go well before season and work them over with a shotgun if I wanted to be effective

Comment

On some if not most public lands the buck shot would be a problem. Don't see a problem on private land.

Comment

Main reason for most folks is to be sure the hog dies.

Comment

Some folks hunt pigs and others just kill them.

Comment

100% legal. Kill em all.

Comment

Working...
                              X