Toyo RT are junk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twist View Post
    I’ll 2nd this recommendation BUT, they will make some noise at least.

I’m currently sitting at just under 64k that are on my 2014 Ram 1500. I’ll definitely get 70k out of them wear wise which I easily find acceptable out of that kind of tire and will definitely be buying another set when necessary.

Same experience here with my wife’s 1500 Chevy. I think I’ve rotated them two times. Truck has been through 2 sets so far. They do make noise but not as much as some other tires

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
      For gravel roads cooper tires are the best ive found.

Cooper at3
      Cooper St maxx

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      Another Cooper owner, 74,000 on the last set of A/T 3

Comment

I have RT’s on 3 trucks right now. All have 50-58k miles on them and doing fine.
        Pretty impressive for junk tires.

Comment

Originally posted by 1longshot View Post
          Another Cooper owner, 74,000 on the last set of A/T 3
          My best is 32k on my work truck. But I drive rough roads. Tried the goodyear Kevlar and got 8k

Comment

Man y’all must be hard as heck on tires. I’ve run the RT’s and loved them. Now running the AT’s and love them more. On a one ton superduty. I’ve tried a bunch of different brands and get best life out of Toyo’s. Still need to try the cooper STT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
              The Falken Wildpeak AT3 are the go to tire here in Iowa. Gravel, farm roads, mud, ice and snow. I have a set with about 20,000 on them. They have been great so far.
              Very curious why everyone likes the falken wildpeak at3
              They look really street for anything but wet grass in comparison to The toyo rt or Cooper sst
              I guess like you said gravel, ice , but mud ?
              Attached Files

Comment

I just put a set of cooper st MAXX on a 2020 Chevy 1500. I’ve had people tell me at the plant that they are great on heavy pickups that are hard on tires

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                  The Falken Wildpeak AT3 are the go to tire here in Iowa. Gravel, farm roads, mud, ice and snow. I have a set with about 20,000 on them. They have been great so far.
                  When I got stuck in Montana the farmer that pulled me out said my 50% cooper discoverers were to blame for getting stuck in the snow and ice. He recommended Wild peaks and I've been a fan, just wish they made a more aggressive R/T. Might pull the trigger on the A/T3 though and hope they got enough tread for mud.

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                    I just put a set of cooper st MAXX on a 2020 Chevy 1500. I’ve had people tell me at the plant that they are great on heavy pickups that are hard on tires
                    The st maxx were a great tire on my truck, just wanted something a little more forgiving on the hwy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
                      For gravel roads cooper tires are the best ive found.

Cooper at3
                      Cooper St maxx

This is what I’m trying next. Nitto/Toyo have not held up on gravel for me, rubber comes off in chunks.

Comment

These tire threads are just as good as broadhead threads.

Sorry you had bad luck OP. I got 68,000k, 71,000k, and now on my 3rd set on a F250 diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I believe cooper has the best rubber compound so far. I work 50 yards from where they mix the rubber and mill it out. **** Cepek, Mickey Thompson, Hercules, dean and master craft are also made by cooper and seem to be good and would be worth looking into.

Comment

Cooper AT3 here on a 2014 Raptor...love em so far

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                              I believe cooper has the best rubber compound so far. I work 50 yards from where they mix the rubber and mill it out. **** Cepek, Mickey Thompson, Hercules, dean and master craft are also made by cooper and seem to be good and would be worth looking into.

I really liked my coopers on my dodge but like I said once they got 50% tread I was sliding everywhere in Montana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                                Worst tires I’ve ever had except for Goodyear Kevlar. These tires have a little over 30,000 and coming all apart. Might try the Falken Wildpeak at3 next, been hearing good reviews on these tires.

Finally got pic to load

Everyone I know has good luck out of them. Might try the Toyo Open Country CT, it’s cut and chip compounded and will well on rough roads

Comment

Working...
                                X