Pole Saw and Hedge Trimmers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pole Saw and Hedge Trimmers?

I need to buy new hedge trimmers and also need a pole saw. I dont want to spend 300-400 dollars for each one that will only be used 3-4 times a year.
    Lowes has a Craftsman brand for $220 that can interchange with Trimmerplus attachments. Anybody know if these are any good. I dont want to buy a piece of junk. I've always been a fan of Stihl equipment.
    Also I'm seeing a lot of battery powered equipment from Dewalt and Milwauke. Are these worth looking into?

I bought a big electric hedge trimmer from the tool rental place at Home Depot @ 12 years ago it will cut 1” limbs it broke first time I used it but they fixed it for me (warranty) it still going strong
    Check them our

Comment

I have the hedge trimmer pole saw combo from dewalt and for small work here and there its the only way to go and much safer than gas stuff imo

Comment

I have the hedge trimmer pole saw combo from dewalt and for small work here and there its the only way to go and much safer than gas stuff imo

Comment

I bought an electric pole saw from harbor freight. I use it 3-4 times a year. No issues. Less than $100

Comment

Greenworks from amazon.

Comment

I had the Craftsman weedeater and edger attachments for little while. The power unit seemed to die after about 2-3 years, had it happen on 2 different ones. I switched to the Echo PAS 225 system and love it.

Comment

I have the 20v dewalt pole saw, but it also runs on the 60v battery as well. Throws a little oil but works great. I have cut some pretty good size limbs with it.

Comment

I bought my wife a craftsman cordless blower & it’s junk. Charge doesn’t last long at all when using it. Just a caution if you go cordless.

I’ll second or third Greenworks pole saw. I have the 80v size with a 10” bar & it will take off limbs easily

Comment

Cant recommwnd the Ryobi One+ pole saw highly enough. Have been using the same one about 10 years. I've cut huge limbs with it and with the lithium battery, it will cut with full power right up till it stops. The bigger battery will last for a ton of cutting.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                      Cant recommwnd the Ryobi One+ pole saw highly enough. Have been using the same one about 10 years. I've cut huge limbs with it and with the lithium battery, it will cut with full power right up till it stops. The bigger battery will last for a ton of cutting.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                      I was impressed with mine as well. Only gripe is chain will loosen up with minimal work.

Comment

Pole saw recommendation

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                        Greenworks from amazon.
                        This
                        I bought the Greenworks pole saw hedge trimmer package from Amazon. It will cut more than you want to pick up. Battery life is good and you don’t have to worry about bad gasoline. We had a Stihl pole saw that our group bought for the deer lease. After I bought the Greenworks we used the Stihl very little.

Comment

I've got a bunch of the kobalt 40v stuff an it works well enough for a handful of acres a bit at a time. For really high up, I use a Notch 18' (3 segment) pole saw that was under $100 on Amazon. It's a WORKOUT but you won't find a powered saw that long. With a ladder you can get waaaay up in the tree.

Comment

I was supposed to have a greenworks deliverd on the 27th from Amazon. Just got off the phone from canceling the order since it's been "lost".

I asked them to simply ship another one but "Fernando" says they're out of stock???

I assume out of stock from the lightening deal I bought it thru for 135 bucks

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X