Poor man’s lease question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor man’s lease question

If you were on your first lease and only had about $1200 to spare, what would be your first priority? Cheap camper or cheap atv? I already have feeders and cameras set up and a nice pop up. The place is small and i could get by hauling corn, equipment and game on a cart, but cutting longer trails into the place would be tough. There is a cheap motel 9 miles away. Tenting is also possible later in the fall. But a dedicated living + storage spot also hold strong appeal.

Camper if I could make it close to the feeder in my truck. If not, atv and sleep in my truck.

Comment

I’d buy a nice tent and good game cart. More than likely you can get your vehicle close to any area you need to get to. I have spent 30 years on 400 + acres with out an ATV.

Comment

Cheap camper
        Bike with game carrier

Need heat in the winter

Comment

We did tent and atv for years.

Comment

I would go for whatever keeps me warm and dry.

Comment

This and a little buddy type heater or even a generator and small window unit a/c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Depend on the size. How big is it?

If its too small, a living quarters is going to alert every game animal on the place if you need electricity and make a lot of noise. I've seen that make a place that had game on the cameras all the time to them going awol on the weekend when the camp is active.

Comment

No way I’m wasting money on hotel. A poor man spends his money on something tangible and takes great care of it. Nice tent with heater/stove would be my choice, occasionally an inexpensive running 4 wheeler comes across the green screen and then you can have both a place to stay and some wheels for the lease. We aren’t dirt floor poor but after blowing through a bunch of money on useless crap I’ve had to change how we are spending.
                  Last edited by stickman; 06-27-2021, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Buy a nice tent and enjoy. Put the rest of the money aside and not waste it. Sounds like a savings/investing opportunity is more important

Comment

It's becoming more about the campfire the older I get...hotel wouldn't cut it & will just add up over the season.

Comment

A place to stay warm, dry and away to have electricity. Water storage is next.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

If its too small, a living quarters is going to alert every game animal on the place if you need electricity and make a lot of noise. I've seen that make a place that had game on the cameras all the time to them going awol on the weekend when the camp is active.
                          I’m in this camp. Staying on the place if it’s very small will soon have most of the deer being a no-show once they get your pattern down.

Comment

Something to sleep in, you can get by with your vehicle and cart to do what an atv will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

This! I’ve never understood all the people that have to put light bars and radios on UTV’s , every critter on the ranch see’s and hears them coming from a long ways off.

Comment

Working...
                              X