Price check flood land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price check flood land

Neighbor is selling his 7 acres, all flood with river running through, about 2 acres is a powerline easement. Hunting is alright but no huge buck. Located in East Texas near Commerce.

How much is flood land these days? Bonus if you can share a link of recently sold flood land around here. Appreciate the help!

Not much if it is unusable but worth all the current owner can get too

Is there a high corner or front end that you could build on?

Comment

Duck haven.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
        Not much if it is unusable but worth all the current owner can get too

Is there a high corner or front end that you could build on?
        No, whole place is underwater when raining hard

Comment

Being only 7 acres they will probably want a premium if it has legal access.

Comment

Interesting. Will follow along

Are you buying or selling?

BP

Comment

I passed on 150 acres that was similar. The only use was farming it. You can't build up an area without a study that is government approved so it is cost-prohibitive. I would personally look for something else since it has no high area where you could at least part a camper or put a tiny cabin.

Comment

You said a neighbor. If you already have a house or something on your property, building a high spot's not an issue. If cheap enough and you have a use for it I'd say go for it. Just plan on building floating feeders and stuff for bad times or a plan to be able to move any animals when the rains come. But it would have to be cheap for me.

Comment

Land is land. It will always be worth something to someone. I own property in a flood plain. I would not be selling it cheap or giving it away because it is in a flood plain.

Comment

With a duck blind, reguardless of if there are birds ever there $100k

Comment

just because you can't build doesn't mean its worthless. If the price was right I would get it and plant food plots on it, instead of feeders.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

I bet be would be happy with 100k but start way lower

Comment

IMO....$7-$10K/ac

Comment

in 2018, I bought 35 ac. 1/3 of it is flood plain, the front is FM road access but that is the only access. Creek runs through the middle of it.
                              Then I paid about $130K for it, say $3700/ac. and the current assessment hasn't risen that much.
                              So total flood property, I would definitely pay LESS than that for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X