Just Dad Bragging on Son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Dad Bragging on Son

I need to brag for a bit-so bear with me. Today is an emotional day as has been the past several. My oldest son Kyle has played baseball for the past 18 years. This past week he played his last College game and ended an outstanding career. He was a 4 year varsity starter in HS. 2 time 1st Team All District Pitcher, Jr year District Defensive MVP, Sr year District MVP. He pitched 2 years at Wharton County Junior College and was a starter and 2nd Team All Academic. He has played the past 3 years at Prairie View A&M. He was the teams Most Valuable Pitcher in 2019. He was 2nd Team All Black Nines HBCU in 2020. In his final season at PV he had the following conference stats:
    Made 8 Conference Starts
    2.22 era (1st in the SWAC)
    4 wins 2 losses (Tied for 4th in the SWAC in both wins and losses)
    65 innings pitched (4th in the SWAC and was missing a full game due to COVID, average of 8 innings per game First in the SWAC)
    3 Complete Games (2nd in the SWAC)
    53ks (8th in the SWAC)
    15bb (4th in the SWAC)
    21 total runs allowed (Tied for 1st in the SWAC)
    16 earned runs (3rd in the SWAC
    Never missed a start. Averaged 120 pitches per outing, 150 plus in one game.
    Finished his career at the SWAC Conference Tournament with a Complete Game 2 hit shutout with 10ks.

Kyle graduated last year with his Bachelors, and is 15 hours from finishing his Masters.
    At this point I am not sure how to feel. It is surreal that it is over. It kind of seems like a flash. I am so proud of Kyle and what he has accomplished.
    The action pic is the final pitch he threw in his last game as a college pitcher. It went for a strike out. What a way to end an awesome career!!!
    Attached Files

Congrats to the Family! Yall raised him right!
    Good Luck in his future!

Comment

Congrats ! I was in your shoes a few years ago and when it was over I was like "what do I do now"?

Comment

That's good stuff.....congrats DAD you should be proud & have every right to brag

Comment

Congrats to both of you. Great to be able to play a sport and get an education too.

Comment

Congrats! Sounds like you did a great job bringing him up!

Comment

That’s pretty dang awesome
              Congrats!

Comment

Fantastic! Greatness!

Comment

Congrats to both of you!

Comment

That's awesome!
                    Congrats to you both.

Comment

Sweet. Go hunting!!

Comment

Man that is awesome. I bet he goes on to do great things in his life.

Comment

Very cool, congrats to you both! I bet he continues to do great things!

Comment

What an awesome career!! Congrats to your son and good job, dad!!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X