What herbicide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What herbicide?

This feeder hasn’t been running so the deer and pugs haven’t beat down the Spring growth.

I want to spray this and kill it so that it doesn’t get 6’ tall. What herbicide will knock this down and keep it dead all Summer?

Eraser will kill it all leave bare ground.

Comment

24d will kill everything I see in the pic. May not keep it down all summer.

Comment

I use ranger pro with a soil sterilizer.

Comment

Grazonext HL will kill everything there and last a few months at least. It will also allow any grass to grow.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan C View Post
            Grazonext HL will kill everything there and last a few months at least. It will also allow any grass to grow.
            X2

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan C View Post
              Where can I get this?

Comment

Amazon, Ag Supply, Tractor Supply (shows on web but dont think I have seen in store). Although great product, in my opinion, Grazonnext is expensive.

I would just use a mix of 41 % Glyphosate and 2 4 D
                Last edited by wellingtontx; 05-24-2021, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                  Amazon, Ag Supply, Tractor Supply (shows on web but dont think I have seen in store). Although great product, in my opinion, Grazonnext is expensive.

I would just use a mix of 41 % Glyphosate and 2 4 D
                  I thought 2 4 D was to save the grasses (broadleaf weed killer). Wouldn't adding the Gly just kill everything, and negate the 2 4 D purpose of saving grasses?

Comment

This is what I spray in my pens but I like bare dirt, I put 5 times as much as label says, nothing has grown for years.

Roundup- Kills all Grasses and some small weeds
                    Sharpen- Kills all Weeds
                    Sahara or Polaris- soil sterilizer

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
                      I thought 2 4 D was to save the grasses (broadleaf weed killer). Wouldn't adding the Gly just kill everything, and negate the 2 4 D purpose of saving grasses?
                      Yes. If you are wanting a total kill - this is what I use. Seems adding the less expensive 2 4 D has always worked better for me and had some longer term residual on regrowth.

Comment

RM43 from tractor supply! Easy to use and will not grow back.

Comment

Roundup or generic glyphosate with a surfactant should kill most of it. You could mix in a percent or so of Remedy (triclopyr) or 2,4D.

Comment

Would broadcasting rock salt kill it all and prevent new growth? Not sure how expensive the salt would be.

Comment

I don't care for bare ground around my feeder.
                              So, because it would cost less to keep feeding than buying chemicals, I'd let the animals keep the grass/weeds down while vacuuming up the corn.

Comment

Working...
                              X