New TPWD regs for 2021-22(changes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New TPWD regs for 2021-22(changes)

Hunting regulations for the 2021-22 season were approved by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission at its public meeting held online March 25. Hunters will see some changes this fall, including th…
    Last edited by PondPopper; 05-14-2021, 05:59 AM.

Add crossbow to the definition of lawful archery equipment
    I thought that was already the case. No more antler restriction counties added I see, I had heard there probably would be, do wonder why it was delayed

Comment

"Align spring and fall wild turkey hunting seasons with consistent North and South Zone boundaries along Highway 90 starting in the fall of 2021"

Glad to see that getting updated. Has caused a lot of confusion in my circle in the past.

Comment

No more eastern spring Turkey for me since they will be closing the season in Panola county. I had one spot that had turkeys and could hunt if the river wasn’t up. Last few years the river has been up at that time and can’t access that spot due to a wide deep slough that’s been full of water and no way to get a boat in there.

Comment

"Allow squirrel hunting statewide by opening the remaining closed counties to a year-round hunting season. Traditional East Texas squirrel season, May 1-31 and Oct. 1-last Sunday in Feb. remains unchanged"

Who writes this stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
            "Align spring and fall wild turkey hunting seasons with consistent North and South Zone boundaries along Highway 90 starting in the fall of 2021"
            So just making the boundaries more known? Dang I wish they’d put Eastern season back to start on April 15! It’s like they don’t want you to kill a single one of the SOB’s.....just dumb. Hens are already bred then anyways!

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
              So just making the boundaries more known? Dang I wish they’d put Eastern season back to start on April 15! It’s like they don’t want you to kill a single one of the SOB’s.....just dumb. Hens are already bred then anyways!
              You mean April 1st.
              Killed my first ever on opening day that year. Used to be the 1st to the 30th. Now it’s mid April to mid May.

Comment

Remove the prohibition on trailing wounded deer with dogs in Angelina, Hardin, Nacogdoches, Orange, Shelby, and Tyler counties; In addition, allow the trailing of wounded deer to no more than two dogs on a leash in Jasper, Newton, Sabine, and San Augustine counties.
                Anyone else see any problems with a pack of dogs trailing supposedly wounded deer?

Comment

Shouldn’t be allowed to hunt easterns in Texas anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                    You mean April 1st.
                    Killed my first ever on opening day that year. Used to be the 1st to the 30th. Now it’s mid April to mid May.
                    Your right....originally it was 4-1. Then they went to 4-15.....then to 4-22!!

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                      Shouldn’t be allowed to hunt easterns in Texas anyway.
                      How ya figure? Lots of birds in the places I hunt? Plenty!!

Comment

I probably killed the 1st legal trky ever in a Grayson Co spring season. Opening a.m., soons his feet hit the ground. Rio, not "Eastern".

Aint sure I've killed one since.

4/22 is ridiculous.
                        Last edited by 12ring; 05-14-2021, 09:09 PM. Reason: subspecies

Comment

Originally posted by Joel1952 View Post
                          Remove the prohibition on trailing wounded deer with dogs in Angelina, Hardin, Nacogdoches, Orange, Shelby, and Tyler counties; In addition, allow the trailing of wounded deer to no more than two dogs on a leash in Jasper, Newton, Sabine, and San Augustine counties.
                          Anyone else see any problems with a pack of dogs trailing supposedly wounded deer?
                          No!

Comment

How ya figure? Lots of birds in the places I hunt? Plenty!!
                            There aren’t lots of easterns anywhere in Texas. Even our best counties are a joke compared to states that actually have a good population of birds. Lot of habitat work needs to be done and they can’t expand if they get shot the first time they show up in new places.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                              There aren’t lots of easterns anywhere in Texas. Even our best counties are a joke compared to states that actually have a good population of birds. Lot of habitat work needs to be done and they can’t expand if they get shot the first time they show up in new places.
                              There are pockets that are very thick with easterns. I’ve seen them

Comment

Working...
                              X