Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
    What time y’all leaving ? Thinking about leaving Sugar Land 830-9
    Plan is to leave Humble around 7. Plenty of time for lunch and any unexpected issues.

Comment

I’m going to leave around 7 also.

Comment

Y’all have a safe trip catch a few for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Catch’em all boys!

Comment

Bryan and I will be leaving Porter around 8.

Comment

If Chew is gonna get in the water, please remember his PFD in anything deeper than 3 foot...

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                If Chew is gonna get in the water, please remember his PFD in anything deeper than 3 foot...
                I got some of those little arm float things for him!

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                  Good to know someone was thinking ahead...

Comment

Also I’m not sure if I mentioned it already or not, no glass beer bottles. You also won’t need to bring a cooler to keep drinks cold. They will keep them iced down for you. Also any snacks you want, and Gatorade if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post

Comment

Make sure they put ice on ya'lls fish! Sad that has to be reminded...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

Lmao!!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                            Make sure they put ice on ya'lls fish! Sad that has to be reminded...
                            I don't understand [emoji53] why would you have to remind people to do this. These guys have been around

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                              I don't understand [emoji53] why would you have to remind people to do this. These guys have been around

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                              They didn't ice about 100 trout and 30 reds from our first day this past summer and when they opened the cooler to add fish it smelled like death, or like a cooler full of fish that had been sitting on the back deck of a boat in the sun for 12 hours. They quickly tried to put ice on them and we pointed out the fish were rotten and spoiled but they still iced them. On the way back in we told them to not clean those fish and mix them with our fish from the second day as they were falling apart in their hands when they picked them up they were so rotten. They just laughed and disregarded what we requested and mixed all the fish together. Most of us refused fish at the dock out of concern for obvious reasons. A couple guys took bags home and ended up having to dump more than half the bags they brought home from being rancid.

I did a write up on this earlier last year after our experience, in this thread actually I believe. We had gone with the Compass Rose before and had a blast, fishing was great, both times. Helps that we have guys that are avid fishermen to begin with. The wasting of the essentially 200+ trout and 50 or so redfish ruined it for me. The owner was aware of our dissatisfaction and was made aware of my review on here and never even called to apologize for the wasted fish, all he did was complain that we tipped lower than he was expecting (FYI, we tipped over $1000 that was directed to be given to the captain and the one deckhand that actually worked, in my previous post I said we tipped $700, but was made aware three of the other guys added $100 each at the end).

I am not sharing this again to ruin anyone's trip, I'm sharing this to give a warning that you need to check and make sure all of these things are covered, even after they hurry you out of the boat after each outing, go back and check that it's done and to the standard that you want your future FOOD to be handled.

Good luck and give em he11 guys, those islands are one of a kind. I will continue to make trips to them, just will be using a different outfit in the future because the way that things were handled after the fact.
                              Last edited by gander; 07-07-2021, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Me and Damon will be there next week... leave a few for us!

Comment

Working...
                                X