No announcement yet.

Conroe to Laramie, WY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

La Quinta in Trinidad Colorado. There’s a Walmart next door to stock up on anything you may need.

Comment

I did a haul straight thru from Vail, CO to SW Houston.

It was rough and made for a LONG day. I only stopped 4 times total.

Comment

Just take off heading where you’re going and stop when you’re tired wherever that may be.

Comment

When we lived in Austin and came back home to Casper every summer we typically stayed in Dumas or Dalhart the first night. That was about a 10 hour first day.
          We always came up 87 through Mason, Brady, Big Spring, etc., and then across to Raton and straight up I25.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
            Dumas is usually or half-way stop. Most of the major hotel chains have a presence there. The best thing about Dumas, however, is the 287 Roadhouse. The best dinner rolls you will ever eat and their breakfast is pretty dang good, too. You get into town, go eat dinner, get up the next morning, and go have breakfast.
            X2 usually our place to stay as well.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
              Dumas is usually or half-way stop. Most of the major hotel chains have a presence there. The best thing about Dumas, however, is the 287 Roadhouse. The best dinner rolls you will ever eat and their breakfast is pretty dang good, too. You get into town, go eat dinner, get up the next morning, and go have breakfast.
              This is how I travel, I plan around great food!! Dumas will be my stop on the way to Colorado so I can try this place out!!

Comment

I'd stay in Dumas vs.Amarillo as well.

Comment

These people have you covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                    I'd stay in Dumas vs.Amarillo as well.
                    Dumas isn’t much better than Amarillo I’m afraid. Pretty high petty crime rate due to some of the “refugees” they’ve brought in to work the meat packing plant nearby. Either way I’ll take Dumas or Amarillo over southern Colorado along I25.

Comment

I’ve got family in both Dumas and Amarillo, and spend way more time in each than I’d like. 287 is probably the best joint in Dumas to eat, but they didn’t exactly set the bar very high. I’ll eat there when in town, but I wouldn’t drive more than a few miles out of my way for it. Personally I’d stay on the west side of Amarillo along I-40, and go catch 575 Pizzeria for dinner. By far the best dang pizza I’ve ever had, and I’ll drive a long ways out of my way to get it. Occasionally going to Amarillo just to eat there and then head back to Lubbock.

Comment

We usually stay in dalhart for midway

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                          Raton, New Mexico or Trinidad, Colorado
                          This is what I was going to say.
                          90% of the time, we stop in Raton.

Comment

Thanks for all the recommendations, looks like y'all got me covered!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dumas, Lamar, Springfield

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                                This is how I travel, I plan around great food!! Dumas will be my stop on the way to Colorado so I can try this place out!!

It’s been years since I’ve been. If you do stop, please let me know how you liked it.

Comment

Working...
                                X