Another “What Happened Here?”…an Odd One This Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
    Hit a bone, no penetration. No recovery. The arrow didn't go in far enough for a kill.
    I'm in this camp.

Comment

I think his front side leg articulated back when he flinched and ducked low and loaded to run. I also think you hit his “elbow” or shoulder blade and didnt get much penetration into the front side lung and he ran off with your “arra” and he will be back at the feeder at 7:45 pm in 3 days

Comment

Looks like a lot of arrow hanging out of him. I think the broadhead clipped a weed, or the bottom of the shoulder blade and deployed a little early. Still enough penetration to get through the ribs enough to wiggle around and cause a lot of damage to the left lung and part of the heart. Dead less than 50 yards with a decent blood trail after the arrow fell out 20 yards from impact.

Comment

You’re getting warmer.

Comment

are we going to find out the answer?

Comment

You may have to start offering participation trophies to get more participation.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                You may have to start offering participation trophies to get more participation.
                Lol! well it has to do with hunting and it's not controversial enough I guess.

A few of you nailed this one.

So, this pig was never found. Neither was the arrow. I trailed weak blood for almost 100 yards until it just ran out. What I thought was odd(to my eyes) was the arrow and the way it acted upon impact. Someone touched on it that maybe offside leg and when he reached to run, it caused the arrow to kind of lay flat on his ribs.

When I left the stand, I thought it was a 30 yard run and done. WRONG!!

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me in April. I found the arrow but tracked the pig for over 100 yrds till I lost the blood trail. I'm guessing I only got one lung and yours looks to be the same.

Comment

Arrow did not penetrate the shield. Was it a flopper or fixed blade BH?

Comment

Good video Dude. Looked like a decent lung shot even though penetration wasnt as desired.

Thanks for sharing MrDude.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

So, this pig was never found. Neither was the arrow.
                        The most frustrating thing about shots like this is losing the arrow and not knowing what happened. Nothing like watching your Nockturnal streaking away never to be seen again.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                          Arrow did not penetrate the shield. Was it a flopper or fixed blade BH?
                          I’ve personally never seen a shield on a pig this small. I’m sure they exist but I’ve never seen it.

Gravedigger Hybrid.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                            The most frustrating thing about shots like this is losing the arrow and not knowing what happened. Nothing like watching your Nockturnal streaking away never to be seen again.
                            Amen Adam!!!

Comment

I didn't post on this thread, but do enjoy your videos. Keep it up Jeff.

Comment

So, what did I win- since the Hogs aren't in Omaha I should win something.

Comment

Working...
                                X