The 3 Amigos are still hanging out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 3 Amigos are still hanging out

We’ll be going after these fellas in less than a week. Pretty excited. Have not Turkey hunted in years. They are always together and pretty much hang with the ladies. Calling them could be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Heck yeah! We can't wait, Covered up with long beards
    At our place... Good luck ��

Comment

Good luck Ross, will be following your hunt for the three amigos!

Comment

Man I bet that is a good duck pond

Comment

another hen on the other side of the tank, right?

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
              another hen on the other side of the tank, right?
              Yep, I think so. Could be a jake, but I think hen.

Comment

Pattern them! It sounds like the rule the roost and are already henned up. You can call til you wear out a diaphragm and they likely won’t break way from those hens. For birds like that I try to pattern them and figure out where they go after they get off the roost and et up along the way. You still call, make them think they are going to pick up a new harem member on their way to breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  Pattern them! It sounds like the rule the roost and are already henned up. You can call til you wear out a diaphragm and they likely won’t break way from those hens. For birds like that I try to pattern them and figure out where they go after they get off the roost and et up along the way. You still call, make them think they are going to pick up a new harem member on their way to breakfast.
                  There’s any number of places to ambush them. I’ve got a ridiculous number of cell cams covering this property, so we’ve got a pretty good idea of their travels.

Comment

The 3 Amigos have been by themselves for the most part the last couple days. Doing more eating than strutting. I have one of them mounting a hen on camera almost two weeks ago. Hens have mostly disappeared except for the occasional solo visits to feeders. I’m hoping this will have the boys more receptive to calling come Saturday.

Comment

For these three will it be groceries or girls this Saturday? Hope you can call them in and get a shot. Been following your pics of the three amigos, good luck Ross.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                        For these three will it be groceries or girls this Saturday? Hope you can call them in and get a shot. Been following your pics of the three amigos, good luck Ross.
                        Thank you!

Comment

Goodluck

Comment

Not sure where they roosted as we got in at dark, but I know where they went for dinner before bedtime. Good place to start in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                              This is pretty much what happened this morning. Amigos had 2 hens with them this morning. We got them to within about 40 yards. They were calling & answering pretty well, but I felt like the hens led them them to us while feeding and then away more so than the gobblers coming to us. Got a real nice strut show from the three of them. Did get a solo jake in range but let him walk.

Comment

Working...
                              X