Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    Might check WhiteBluff. I hear they are letting some folks in there now. And call around the other marinas to see if they have opened yet.

Water level is 10.59 above normal on the W lake at the present. And 6.14 above normal on the A lake at the present.
    Thanks TG! I'm torn, because I really wanted to be on W tomorrow, but now I'm thinking of joining the boys on Fork for some Crappie fishin'...

Comment

That (Fork) will be a good time! I'd go, but don't have a dog sitter. And Pope's don't accept dogs over 40lbs.

Comment

W lake got down to 9.43 above normal. And Granbury opens up the gates to over 25,000cfs ?

A lake is at 4.48 feet above normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          W lake got down to 9.43 above normal. And Granbury opens up the gates to over 25,000cfs ?

A lake is at 4.48 feet above normal.
          It's about to pour again this week....gettin' ready for the next round

Comment

If the A lake region doesn't get any more flash flooding, the A lake may be open soon. It's down to 3.35 feet above normal.

The W lake is a different story. Seems it's gonna be a while before they let it down some more. PK is releasing water at over 17,300 cfs. That is bumped up from yesterday. PK is releasing almost 17,800 cfs. But the W lake is releasing water also at over 23,800 cfs. It only gained 3" over the last 24 hours to the moment. And remains at 9.75 feet above normal.

The rest of the Brazos projects are slowly dropping. And becoming close to usable again. But some not.

Who knows? We may get a drought after all this rain.

Comment

It sux for sure. We are going to spend a week somewhere in July, I wanted to spend it at Cedron chasing the schools. May switch and go to Fork.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                It sux for sure. We are going to spend a week somewhere in July, I wanted to spend it at Cedron chasing the schools. May switch and go to Fork.
                We were hoping to camp out at Hamm Creek, looks like we need to make other arrangements as well. After last weekend, Fork sounds pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

"Well", that is usually a deep subject. But it's not gonna be as deep as the W lake. PK opened its gates today, to almost 26,500cfs. Granbury is releasing over 22,600 cfs. I expect it will go up due to what PK is doing. The W lake is releasing about 24,350 cfs. I don't expect it to release more till after it fills back up some, because many of the smaller lakes on down the river basin are releasing water into the river already. And since they don't have as big of a flood plane as the W lake dose, W lake will fill back up some. W lake is currently 9.61 feet above normal.

A lake is doing pretty good at 3.49 feet above normal. And slowly dropping.
                  Last edited by Texas Grown; 06-07-2019, 04:41 PM.

Comment

No access to Nolan River Park from either side of the loop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there.

Yall get ready! The W lake is only 5.53 feet above normal! This means some of the park boat ramps may soon be open in a few weeks. Being limited in manpower and resources, some of the the parks may take months before camping is allowed though. That had been the past history with some. But we're on our way. You can still launch at some of the private ramps on the lake at the present.

A lake is only 1.57 feet above normal. I bet the fish are hungry there!

Comment

And be sure to watch out for debris! Wear your PFD and kill switch please!

Comment

Stopped in below the dam and caught a mess of 10”-12” shad now we’re sitting at lofers hoping for a decent catfish

Comment

Good luck to ya Ender! Hope ya get a big ol blue!

It's to hot for me to be out fishing. I've done "winterized" my boat for the summer. And towed it in the back yard. I'll drag it back out come Sept when it starts to cool down a little.

Comment

Someone said it would be a fine if you’re caught swimming in the river or lake right now. Is this true?

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
                                Someone said it would be a fine if you’re caught swimming in the river or lake right now. Is this true?

Can’t be for the lake they have several parks open for swimming and fishing. Soldiers bluff, lofers west, and cedar creek. Could be true about the river though because of the high water. Idk

Comment

Working...
                                X