Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekend Weather Outlook for Abilene Area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    You just have to go real fast....momentum is key! If you aren't puttin mud clods on the roof, increase throttle until situation is resolved.
    That is conventional wisdom, and would normally agree. But. Not all mud is created equal. We ran her as hard and fast as we could.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

That is some minor mudballs. Take a 1975 Ford F250 Single cab 4x4 with 36" Monster Mudders and no fender flares and hit that as fast as you can. Talk about mud on your roof and inside the cab if the windows were not rolled up. Gumbo black mud from Central TX. Done that way too many times!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        That is some minor mudballs. Take a 1975 Ford F250 Single cab 4x4 with 36" Monster Mudders and no fender flares and hit that as fast as you can. Talk about mud on your roof and inside the cab if the windows were not rolled up. Gumbo black mud from Central TX. Done that way too many times!
        The no fender rails is the key. The gumbo got stuck up in the wheel wells and ultimately got us stuck and broke the machine.

Comment

I can already hear the phone calls now.

"Hey honey I'm stuck at the deer lease. Will come home when it gets better."

I'm sure she will understand.

Comment

Looked at my schedule for the rest of the deer season and decided weather be dangged. I better get out there and take another deer or we might not have enough meat for the freezer. I think I'll wait to drive out till Saturday morning and hopefully miss the worst of it.
            Y'all in Southern Coleman post up what you actually get weatherwize please. (I'm in the SW corner of the county)

Comment

Originally posted by Stins View Post
              The no fender rails is the key. The gumbo got stuck up in the wheel wells and ultimately got us stuck and broke the machine.
              What broke on your polaris. Only reason i ask is i have a crew 900 also and i run some bad mud getting to my lease.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nativeTEXAN1 View Post
                What broke on your polaris. Only reason i ask is i have a crew 900 also and i run some bad mud getting to my lease.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
                Inside the transmission there is a drive chain. we broke the chain and 3 teeth of the sprocket.

I didnt even know there was a drive chain on those machines!

Oh and it wasnt mine, it was the lease owner that allows us to hunt for free

Comment

Ya'll just had too many aggies in one vehicle.

Comment

Do not forget how often Ranger hill gets shut down when it gets slippery . I hunt Cisco but only so many ways to get there . Going to call it a pass for this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Stins View Post
                      Dang, that sucks! How did it break the machine? I've had my Ranger stuck in Black Gumbo Clay and curious how it could damage it?

Comment

Ya'll just had too many aggies in one vehicle.
                        Never too many! Ha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I cancelled my guys for this weekend. I don't like fighting mud. Lot of season left. I'm going to stay home and shoot some ducks.

Comment

I’m hunting right now before I go see some customers today. I have seen 3 does, 3 good bucks but not big enough to mess with this morning. It’s been raining but cleared up for the time being.

Comment

Maybe one of the men on the lease will drive out to the road and pick y'all up.

This won't seem nearly as funny to me on Monday when my truck is full of mud, an everything I own has red mud in it....but I'm stickin with it.

Those **** younguns! I’m not skipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                                Those **** younguns! I’m not skipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                We'll just use ol Trav's thread here to post pics of old fat guys huntin all weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X