X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following

Comment

Beer Shack ready !!!! looks good Dale.
      Getting lots of rain at our place the last 3 days. Sure wished they coulda planted the oats and wheat prior to this rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
        Getting lots of rain at our place the last 3 days. Sure wished they coulda planted the oats and wheat prior to this rain.

What do your deer prefer the oats or the wheat?

I have wheat to my north and south. Last year I planted Turners Fall Mix but thinking of going with Oats. Huntmaster told me he had great luck with buckforage oats in Olney.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post

I have wheat to my north and south. Last year I planted Turners Fall Mix but thinking of going with Oats. Huntmaster told me he had great luck with buckforage oats in Olney.
          At one time i hunted in Jacksboro. The rancher had a 20 acre field he planted wheat in for his cattle. One year i bought some Buckforage Oats and asked him to plant them on one side of the field. I watched deer walk right over the wheat to eat the oats. Just my experience.

Comment

Do it - J&N feed has Harrison Oats ( which they claim are the same thing as buck forage oats) and the deer loved them on our old Throckmorton lease

Comment

We have 540 acres leased across a county road owned by landowner #1. It has a 80 acre field bordering the road. We have 2000 acres across the county road owned by land owner 2.
              It has 377 acres of wheat on it total. There is a 44 acre wheat field on #2 directly across the road from the 80 acre oat field on #1
              I have seen 250 deer on the oats and 0 on the wheat !!
              No Doubt about it, 100% they perfer oats by far.
              I wished our #2 land owner would plant oats. We have a 270 acre field in the back of it that borders the Wag. We see 80 -150 deer on it. If it were oats that number would double.
              Last year was our first year to have the 540 acre place. We shot several nice bucks off it on the volunteer oats because they never planted for us. We were not happy about that. They have plowed already plowed twice and promised to plant oats again this year. If they do its on like donkey kong.
              Last edited by Abcdj; 09-07-2018, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Gettin somewhere..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

that's cool Dale, I didnt realize you were that close. I thought you were closer toWoodson. my place is 10miles north of Olney. btw the carport is cool. I ought to get a tv for my place.

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                    that's cool Dale, I didnt realize you were that close. I thought you were closer toWoodson. my place is 10miles north of Olney. btw the carport is cool. I ought to get a tv for my place.

We are about 6 miles south of Jean. I knew you'd moved, but I didn't know where to.

Comment

Since all you guys are in our area. We have all these blinds for free. They do need work and you will have to load them and take them down yourself.
                      Text me if interested. I cant get the **** pictures to load.
                      We have 7or 8 laying around. Trying to clean the place up a little.
                      All are 4x6
                      David
                      9 0h 3 -715 -7 0h 7 8ate

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Gettin somewhere..

Awesome Dale. Congrats

Comment

Since all you guys are in our area. We have all these blinds for free. They do need work and you will have to load them and take them down yourself.
                          Text me if interested. I cant get the **** pictures to load.
                          We have 7or 8 laying around. Trying to clean the place up a little.
                          All are 4x6
                          David
                          9 0h 3 -715 -7 0h 7 8ate

Here you go

Comment

Thanks Andy!

Comment

Thanks Andy!

Your welcome David. They will make someone some great blinds!

Comment

Your heart would probably get broken by army worms if it were planted this early, I think we are waiting until Oct to plant this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X