How many miles do you drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many miles do you drive?

I just did the math 9000/month between the wife and I. How nuts is that?!?! Our monthly fuel bill is about 15-1700. That's a lot of **** windshield time!

There are 3 vehicles in my household. They are all shared by my wife and myself. We are currently the only drivers. Our kids are 19 months and 9 yrs. We live in a very rural and secluded area. The nearest gas station is about 7 mi away. The nearest grocery store about 20 mi. School and daycare are about 20 mi away and we lease office space in Fort Worth about 55 mi away. School/daycare is not on the route to work. Also, our ranch that we frequent at least weekly is about 90 miles gate to gate. Our normal daily commute assuming we ride together is just over 150 mi. In addition, the business we own has locations all over TX. And we go to variously locations a few times each month as well.

Curious if there are any other road warrior households out there that might rival us.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JBJTX81; 03-06-2021, 09:16 PM.

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
    I just did the math 9000/month between the wife and I. How nuts is that?!?! Our monthly fuel bill is about 15-1700. That's a lot of **** windshield time!

There are 3 vehicles in my household. They are all shared by my wife and myself. We are currently the only drivers. Our kids are 19 months and 9 yrs. We live in a very rural and secluded area. The nearest gas station is about 7 mi away. The nearest grocery store about 20 mi. School and daycare are about 20 mi away and we lease office space in Fort Worth about 55 mi away. School/daycare is not on the route to work. Also, our ranch that we frequent at least weekly is about 90 miles gate to gate. Our normal daily commute assuming we ride together is just over 150 mi. In addition, the business we own has locations all over TX. And we go to variously locations a few times each month as well.

Curious if there are any other road warrior households out there that might rival us.

I did about 35,000 in 2020, thought that was a lot til now

Comment

Prior to COVID craziness, I did 90-100k a year. Did that for 4 years straight!!! Was in a work vehicle thankfully. I now do about 1500-2000 a month. Depends on the week and where I need to go. I drive my own truck but have a company gas card so don’t calculate my fuel bill right now. And now I’m doing real estate on top of oil field sales, so I’m sure my mileage will go up.

Comment

40 to 60k a year and the wife about 5k a year

Comment

I drive 25-30k typically. My wife stays well below 10k. Sounds like we drive nothing compared to you.

Comment

I used to do 60k to 80k per year, but thank goodness I’m done with that. My F150 is three years old and has less than 60k on it.

Comment

Dang— that’s a lot of driving time. I listen to audiobooks on the car and would be the best educated man in the world if I ha d that kind of time!

Comment

I do security alarm work and travel around 300 miles a day...so yeah, gas bill is outrageous!!!

Comment

you should think about all the time and money youre wasting and move

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                    40 to 60k a year and the wife about 5k a year
                    I'm doing about 60k/yr. Wife about 50k.

Comment

Just turned 75,000 miles on my 2017 truck. Wife just traded in her 2013 with 130,000ish.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                        Dang— that’s a lot of driving time. I listen to audiobooks on the car and would be the best educated man in the world if I ha d that kind of time!
                        Lots of podcasts for me when I'm not on the phone for work related crap. I don't think there is any music out there relased in the last 50 yrs I haven't listened to at some point! It really hurts my love for music as nothing keeps that new feeling very long.

Comment

Originally posted by Anteloper View Post
                          you should think about all the time and money youre wasting and move
                          We love where we live. Money isn't an issue. More family time would be nice but even if we lived in Fort Worth proper as much time as we spend going to our various work locations it wouldn't even halve our monthly drive time...I don't think.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            I used to do 60k to 80k per year, but thank goodness I’m done with that. My F150 is three years old and has less than 60k on it.
                            We don't keep vehicles very long. My wife's new ride was purchased dec 1 and has almost 11k miles on it. But we've almost put that much on the other 2 during the same time period.

Comment

I work in Canada and due to COVID I was only home 11 weeks last year, two of which I flew out on vacations. I managed to put almost 3000 miles on my truck. At this rate my 2013 F150 (sitting at 112k miles) should last me quite a few more years.

Comment

Working...
                              X