Fredericksburg Do's and Don'ts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fredericksburg Do's and Don'ts

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I have a little bit of a different situation so I'm posting again relative to my situation(for those that like to reply to use the search button). Anyway, I'm taking my wife to Fredericksburg on Friday morning and spending the night and looking for to do's and places to eat, etc.

I know there are a lot of wineries, distilleries, breweries, etc and we want to do that. BUT, we have very different alcohol needs/wants. I really don't do wine and she really doesn't do whiskey. We both love beer but unfortunately my wife is gluten free so that is a tough option for her which generally involves a cider of some sort. So with those criteria, any suggestions or places that might meet multiple needs?

And as always, any suggestions for food with an emphasis on a good dinner?

And outside of the alcohol scene what else would you recommend to do in 24 hours?

Thanks in advance.

Highly recommend wrestling with your shirts off during that 24 hr period.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
      Highly recommend wrestling with your shirts off during that 24 hr period.
      Lol. That is a given. There may also be rematches involved....

Comment

Cabernet grill at cotton gin. Chicken fried ribeye with lobster gravy daaaang!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cabernet Grill for sure.

You Will need reservations.

Comment

Cabernet Grill or Otto's. Get the duck breast at Otto's

Comment

Originally posted by "DOC" View Post
              Cabernet Grill for sure.

You Will need reservations.
              Thanks. Just checked and no reservations available for Friday night at either Cabernet or Otto's. Guess I should have planned earlier.

Comment

Many of the stores give away free beer and cider. Sit on the benches outside the stores. Crack a few cold ones, enjoy the traffic on the sidewalk and wait for the Mrs while she shops. See the Nimitz Museum, We like eating at Auslander. I always stop at the best little gun store in Texas. KNS Precision on Marschall creek road.
                West End Pizza is pretty good also.

Comment

Do go eat breakfast at Squeeze In off Adams street. They have awesome food

Do eat fish tacos or chicken fried chicken at Bejas. Surprisingly good.

Do go to Alstadt brewery and try the lager and Amber beers. They are great. Do not eat there though. They have a beautiful restaurant but they serve crap steaks with instant mashed potatoes for $45 a plate. Plus my buddy had a big old gangly hair draped across his steak. Server took our order and never came back. We had to go to the bar 4 times before we got our food. Beer was great. Food and service was terrible.

Fat A s s winery was cool. They had a band playing a bunch of Tyler Childers music.

Comment

Try Navajo Grill.
                    Really Good food also..

Comment

Also Would recommend Alamo Springs Cafe
                      for one of the Best Burgers in the state.
                      Little bit of a drive but well worth it, pretty
                      scenery, right by Old Tunnel Bat Cave.

Comment

Let Backwoods101 weld something for you and let Ragin take you on a buffalo hunt!

Comment

Split the day do wine with her and then go to Hye and check out Garrison bros.

Comment

You could try some mead at the Blue Lotus.

Comment

Originally posted by WildMatt84 View Post
                              Split the day do wine with her and then go to Hye and check out Garrison bros.
                              We did Garrison Bros a few years back. Pretty cool tour and the Bourbon is pretty dang good. The pure Alcohol samples will lite up your nostrils! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X