No announcement yet.

PVC Fitting Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It probably won't make any difference because you will always need one more fitting than you have, no matter how organized they are.

Comment

Clear plastic totes. 1 each for 1/2, 3/4 and 1 inch. Separate one for all CPVC and a big tote for all large pvc.

Comment

Lots of good suggestions. If it's all going to be in a 5 gallon bucket, consider stringing up each size with para cord. At least that way you dig out all the same size pieces in one swoop.

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
          I use the clear totes with lids from lowes. It's alot easier to access and view what's located inside.
          I also have Teflon tape, tape measure with the other items you've listed
          This

Comment

Something like this collapsable tool tote. It’s wider than 5g bucket but not as deep. You won’t need to dig as deep for each fitting, and you have spots on the outside for cutters and Teflon and glue, hacksaw blades etc. dewalt makes a way better one but it $70

McGuire-Nicholas 22015 15-Inch Collapsible Tote https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003JKL0WU...SFZWHQ29G68HPV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Not really a answer for storage but I found a neat trick to keep your open can of glue from going bad. When you put the lid on set the can upside down on a shelf. I have a can I have been using for 2 years. Still as liquid as the day I first opened it. Dont do the primer that way.

Comment

I use a milk crate with a piece of card board I cut out as a separator. I just write on top of the divider what size it is.

Comment

The tubs are base upon size of the fittings and each tub has a pvc cutter, glue, tape etc
                  Pull out a tub and you have all you need for that size.

Comment

Milk Crates is what I use

Comment

I keep all of mine in a big tote and dump them out on the floor when I need something. It’s not neat but it works for me.

Comment

That what buckets are for.

Comment

I use an old plastic tool box. Keeps the fittings clean and together.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Goat1 View Post
                            Not really a answer for storage but I found a neat trick to keep your open can of glue from going bad. When you put the lid on set the can upside down on a shelf. I have a can I have been using for 2 years. Still as liquid as the day I first opened it. Dont do the primer that way.
                            wow thanks. I guess it kind of seals it

Comment

Coffee cans(plastic) labels with a magic marker. I don’t keep near as many that I did before Hurricane Harvey. Had them in 3 milk crates then, I really wonder where most of them ended up. I did have a pretty good selection built up when the super freeze hit. Practically gave everyone away to those in need. Just saying..... cC

Comment

Working...
                              X