No announcement yet.

Beard to Texas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all in good fun. If Red Raiders, Longhorns and Aggies didn't argue sports, what would even be the point. But we can all agree and be happy that we aren't Aggies...

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
      It's all in good fun. If Red Raiders, Longhorns and Aggies didn't argue sports, what would even be the point. But we can all agree and be happy that we aren't Aggies...
      Quoted for TRUTH!

Comment

Why is it I have this strange feeling that a certain "father" and "son" duo has a black and red alter ego?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

Tech's biggest mistake was pushing Leach out. There's no telling what that fella may have done.
          Dang, why'd do have to bring that up? It still depresses me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            That they were/are, has never been the point. The point is that your previous list was pointless and stupid, and it remains so.

You know why Texas just replaced the football coach, and the basketball coach? Because they sucked, and everyone knew it. Tech's basketball/baseball combo has been the class of the state...many states, actually. You aren't breaking any news here, chief.
            The Baylor men and women's basketball teams would like a word with you...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              The Baylor men and women's basketball teams would like a word with you...

Men's basketball barely counts, women's basketball counts in the negative column.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                Sand Aggy is pretty close to aggy.

Texas Tech is the only Power 5 school in Texas that has not been to a BCS/NY6 Bowl.

Since 2000, only five Power 5 teams have less 10-win seasons than Texas Tech

Comment

Possibly the only thing worse than a longhorn asserting dominance is a Red Raider professing the same. ��

Comment

KU assistant Jerrance Howard joining Rodney Terry, Chris Ogden and Ulric Maligi on Beards staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Beard to Texas!

To be clear, I have no delusions about where Texas football, basketball, and baseball, are right now....or have been for a while.

Baseball is in good shape, but they’ll be dogs to Tech until they change it. Obviously baylor has set the bar at basketball (regardless of what I think about basketball, I understand that it matters), and atm (and ou) had the better football season. Those things are not debatable. If you want to look at pedigrees, a lot of those things are far different. But it’s a “right now” world, and they need to get on it!

That’s just how it is...all results oriented businesses. They are making moves to get better. Will they work? Who knows! But they have a man in charge working on it. Most people can recognize that and see the difference between “sunshine pumping”, and optimism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Dale Moser; 04-06-2021, 10:02 PM.

Comment

What I don’t get is why people think Texas is arrogant and pounding their chest about how great Texas is right now. Texas is in a terrible stretch in football and basketball, but as a Texas fan they finally look like they have the pieces in place to get back to the run of the 2000s where they dominated the college sports landscape. After DeLoss retired, Texas wandered in the desert for years until CDC came along. Texas is finally acting like Texas and putting the resources they have to use.

I guess it’s good that other fans think of Texas as that way, but it’s not Texas fans telling you how good they are right now. Texas has been terrible, but are putting the resources to use and the future is exciting. It’s time to get to work and get back to the standard of Texas. I think the whole athletic department is in step and moving that way. I know this is as excited as I have been in 10 years for what’s going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                          What I don’t get is why people think Texas is arrogant and pounding their chest about how great Texas is right now. Texas is in a terrible stretch in football and basketball, but as a Texas fan they finally look like they have the pieces in place to get back to the run of the 2000s where they dominated the college sports landscape. After DeLoss retired, Texas wandered in the desert for years until CDC came along. Texas is finally acting like Texas and putting the resources they have to use.

I guess it’s good that other fans think of Texas as that way, but it’s not Texas fans telling you how good they are right now. Texas has been terrible, but are putting the resources to use and the future is exciting. It’s time to get to work and get back to the standard of Texas. I think the whole athletic department is in step and moving that way. I know this is as excited as I have been in 10 years for what’s going on.
                          Agreed and the Steve Patterson hire exacerbated the ordeal. Thankful for CDC and his approach. HE has made some quality hires and I feel like these latest additions to Football and BB will be more of the same.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                            How much is Texas paying Ole Beard?
                            7/35 with incentives and bringing in two current HC's, etc as assistants. The money is finally being used as it should be. Hope it pays off.
                            Last edited by Chad C; 04-07-2021, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Men's basketball barely counts, women's basketball counts in the negative column.
                              Actually they are #2 and #3 in revenue generation.

Plus you mentioned Tech men's basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                                7/35 with incentives and bringing in two current HC's, etc as assistants. The money is finally being used as it should be. Hope it pays off.
                                One of my biggest complaints (or regrets looking back at it) have been the assistant coach hires of Strong, Herman, and Shaka. They all brought in a terrible staff that had to be upgraded during their tenure which put them behind the 8 ball to start.

I like the Sark and Beard hires, but digging deeper its their staff that is the difference between the the previous head coaching hires and the two recent ones. That is where a lot of my optimism lies in it seems CDC and the two new hires grasp the importance of using Texas resources to win and win at an elite level.

Comment

Working...
                                X