No announcement yet.

Will Shaka survive???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won’t pretend to remember who offered who, or when. But Tadlock is a treasure, and anyone would love to have him, not that I have any problem with Pearce.

But Tubberville? Seriously? How he ever survived that, I’ll never know...that was a joke. Nevermind running Leach off. I don’t know much about college basketball, or what Beard is gonna get at Texas, but I have to imagine a stronger AD would have made it harder to leave.

Full disclosure, I’m a closet Tech fan. My BIL and all his buddies are Tech guys, and I want some success for them. I kind of wish Beard had stayed to give them a shot at a title in a sport I don’t reallly watch. I always loved partying in LBK, the people up there, and hunting around it. I had a fine time with the Tech’ers at their game against arky in Arlington last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      I don’t think it ever got that far. The flirtation was real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It never got that far because he shut it down. He wasn’t interested.

So if a girl turns you down when you ask her out I’m guessing you just tell your friends “she never said that she didn’t want to sleep with me.”

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        but I have to imagine a stronger AD would have made it harder to leave.

Therein lies part of the problem. When he “negotiated” Beard’s extension he put in a clause where the buy-out on Beard’s contract would get cut in half if Hocutt was gone.

Kirby Hocutt is a self-serving, narcissistic guy. It’s 100% about Kirby 100% of the time. Haven’t been a fan for a very long time. He just lost the only good hire that he has made since he came to Tech.

In fairness, the Leach deal wasn’t him. He wasn’t here yet. That was our last (horrible) AD.

Comment

I won’t pretend to remember who offered who, or when. But Tadlock is a treasure, and anyone would love to have him, not that I have any problem with Pearce.

But Tubberville? Seriously? How he ever survived that, I’ll never know...that was a joke. Nevermind running Leach off. I don’t know much about college basketball, or what Beard is gonna get at Texas, but I have to imagine a stronger AD would have made it harder to leave.

Full disclosure, I’m a closet Tech fan. My BIL and all his buddies are Tech guys, and I want some success for them. I kind of wish Beard had stayed to give them a shot at a title in a sport I don’t reallly watch. I always loved partying in LBK, the people up there, and hunting around it. I had a fine time with the Tech’ers at their game against arky in Arlington last month.

Honestly, Lubbock is a great place to live, far away from the big city crapola, but close enough to a ton of activities, and CHEAP in comparison to a lot of other places, BUT it was honestly pure HELL when we first moved up there. Being Aggies, Class of '75. it was very hard, but we survived for 45 years and met some great people. Tech will never, ever be a favorite of mine and most know that, but Lubbock was home to 2 Aggies longer than anywhere else we have lived. There are coaches I admired at
          Tech, Marsha Sharp being one and some others and I hope they get rid of Holcutt and get someone that wants to be at Tech and not just to pad his resume, but he is not doing a very good job a that from what I am seeing.

Comment

Will Shaka survive???

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
            It never got that far because he shut it down. He wasn’t interested.

So if a girl turns you down when you ask her out I’m guessing you just tell your friends “she never said that she didn’t want to sleep with me.”

No I agree. It was nothing but flirtation. He wasn’t interested. Following Augie isn’t for everyone. Beard on the other hand was more attracted and it wasn’t about money. Crazy to think about how willing he was to move on without entertaining a counter offer.

Comment

In fairness, the Leach deal wasn’t him. He wasn’t here yet. That was our last (horrible) AD.
              10-4. Was Tubberville him?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                No I agree. It was nothing but flirtation. He wasn’t interested. Beard on the other hand was more attracted and it wasn’t about money.

Agreed. It was about more than money.

Beard is a good coach. But let’s be very clear, he is 18-17 in conference play since the National Championship game and finished 6th in the conference this year. That kind of record won’t get him far at UT. And if he doesn’t get Adams and Sutton on board then he is losing the magic sauce. I was feeling somewhat tepid towards Beard by the start of conference play this year. I wanted to like him and I wanted him to be successful but after Minneapolis his teams have underperformed.

I will pick the under on 5 years before he is gone from UT and coaching at a directional school. That isn’t bitterness. It’s a logical assessment of who he is and how he coaches versus the culture of UT Basketball. If he can get Adams and Sutton AND if he can change his coaching style (and is willing to go against his natural tendencies and personality) then he might be able to make it work in Austin. Maybe.

Comment

10-4. Was Tubberville him?

Nope. Tubberville wasn’t him.

The Kliff hire was him. I don’t think that was a bad hire based on what was known at the time. His massive mistake on that one was giving Kliff a MASSIVE extension after year 1...........when he finished the season 0-5.

Comment

He brought Chris Ogden in today. I think he’s an upgrade, personally. Shaka was hired for Havoc and he didn’t stay with it.

Comment

Nope. Tubberville wasn’t him.

The Kliff hire was him. I don’t think that was a bad hire based on what was known at the time. His massive mistake on that one was giving Kliff a MASSIVE extension after year 1...........when he finished the season 0-5.

Well screw me then![emoji23] I still hope they find some success up there at something...by way of a NC. I’ll never root for them over Texas at baseball or Football, but I do every other game.

Comment

If Adams doesn’t get the Tech HC job I’d bet he is wearing burnt orange pretty soon.

Comment

Well screw me then![emoji23] I still hope they find some success up there at something...by way of a NC. I’ll never root for them over Texas at baseball or Football, but I do every other game.

Wait....what?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope. Not Kansas. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I hear this is a good addition

Comment

Texas has landed its first transfer of the offseason with former Kentucky guard Devin Askew.

Askew, a four-star prospect in the 2020 class, averaged 6.5 points, 2.6 rebounds and 2.9 assists for the Wildcats in 2020-21.

Comment

Working...
                                X