No announcement yet.

Do's and Don'ts of Dubai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only passed through one time on the way back from Cape Town. I was impressed with such a modem and advanced place in the middle of a desert. One of the biggest airports I’ve ever been through.

Comment

Originally posted by m16 View Post
      don’t order bacon or pork chops for breakfast.
      lol

Comment

I'm following as we have a one night layover going to Zimbabwe and specifically added a one day layover coming back. I know we will hit the market and sunset dinner in the dunes with camels for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
          I'm following as we have a one night layover going to Zimbabwe and specifically added a one day layover coming back. I know we will hit the market and sunset dinner in the dunes with camels for sure.
          Whats the target this trip?

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            Whats the target this trip?
            I'm doing cape buff as main target with kudu, Chobe bushbuck and maybe try hyena as the hunter right before my arrival is doing leopard and hopefully the spotted dogs will still be around. Zambezi valley south on Lake Kariba in the North Omay.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
              I'm doing cape buff as main target with kudu, Chobe bushbuck and maybe try hyena as the hunter right before my arrival is doing leopard and hopefully the spotted dogs will still be around. Zambezi valley south on Lake Kariba in the North Omay.
              Apologies to the OP for getting off topic, but I'm curious of the correlation between hunting leopards and the presence of hyenas if you wouldn't mind sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by CB_TxNole View Post
                See, I wanted to go to Abu Dhabi while there. I want to see the grand Mosque and stuff. I golf. Buddy going with doesn't. I might have to talk him into giving it a try though.

Def wanna go to the sand dunes. I didn't know they would let you do Falconry though.

One other thing I want to do is go to Camel Races, if they are having them. Apparently its an experience to see how into it people are.
                The grand Mosque is very cool to see. You can also go see the mountain Jebel Hafeett and the zoo in Al Ain. Spent lots of time in Abu Dhabi about 6 years ago.

Comment

I went there once when I was in the Navy. I had fun. Went ice skating for my first time. I don't have any do's and don'ts for you.

Comment

Is this a brag? Because you are going to Dubai?
                    Don't associate with a local.

Comment

Visit a 7-11.

Comment

Go to the lookout about 2/3 way up the Birj Khalifa. Truly impressive being that high in the sky and the elevator getting up to the lookout is impressive as well. If I remember correctly, it only took like a minute to get to the lookout. Beware it is normally hazy so the view is likely not to be very clear. There's also a cool watershow outside the mall there. Its not quite as big as the one in the Bellagio in Vegas but darn cool. Surprisingly the offshore fishing was good out of Abu Dhabi. The indoor skiing is overrated in my opinion but for those that live in the desert, its probably cool. Plenty of entertainment around with dinner boat rides, etc. I would definitely recommend the Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi as someone already mentioned. The amount of money spent on all of it is astounding and so is the intricate artwork and decorum.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                          Don’t order bacon or pork chops for breakfast.
                          The bacon and pork chops will be there. You just have to step around the corner from the rest of the food.

Go see the Burj Khalifa. Worlds tallest building/structure. Palm Island
                          Last edited by Fishndude; 03-31-2021, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            The bacon and pork chops will be there. You just have to step around the corner from the rest of the food.

Go see the Burj Khalifa. Worlds tallest building/structure. Palm Island
                            Is that named after Mia's brother?
                            Last edited by ctom87; 03-31-2021, 10:14 PM.

Comment

DON’T: Get so drunk on your 21st b-day that it seems like a good idea to whip it out and relieve yourself off the side of the pier before passing out in the bilge of a liberty barge. Or so I’ve been told.

Comment

It's worth a trip to Abu Dhabi to see the Grand Mosque, the Burj Khalifa is pretty cool too. It seemed like architects were trying to out do each other on the building design there, very impressive architecture on some of the sky scrapers. Lots of crazy drivers there.

Comment

Working...
                                X