X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crawfish

Paid $9 a pound today...worth every penny [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Backwoods101; 03-21-2021, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
      You idiots are payin it

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      The crawfish are all purchased from the rice fields for the same price. Then the middleman/men jack/s up the price. Lowest price here are $3.19 boiled at Winne Dixie. But, there are much higher prices down the street. If you can hold out a another month, the prices will be much lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
        Paid $9 a pound today...worth every penny [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I cooked 2 sacks Saturday. Found some from Kroger in College Station for $2.97/lb.

Comment

Originally posted by apc10 View Post
            I cooked 2 sacks Saturday. Found some from Kroger in College Station for $2.97/lb.

That’s $1/lb better than we did, but they were tasty. And I was pretty surprised that they were a decent size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
              Like most highly perishable products, price of crawfish is based on supply and demand. Lots of demand now, particularly during lint. Texas demand especially drives the market. Prices should drop some after Easter.
              This. Prices will just keep increasing each year as the demand keeps growing. The popularity of boiling crawfish has gone through the roof over the last 20 years.

Heck, when I was a kid, the only crawfish boil I ever remember going to was an annual Kiwanis Club boil. I also remember there was a place in Kemah my Grandparents would take us to eat a few as well. I can't recall the name of the place, but it's where the Kemah Boardwalk stands today. Maybe it was the Flying Dutchman.

Now, everybody and their dog boils crawfish. It's turned into an Easter stable for some. They can be found all over the place...bars, restaurants, grocery stores, you name it. I certainly can't blame anyone as there are multiple reasons why it has grown in popularity.

Outside of high demand, I'm sure the mid-February weather was no help. Regardless, it's a popular thing to do and it's not going away.

Comment

I remember my dad being ****** the first time crawfish got over $2 per lb.

Comment

Anything $3.50-4 is acceptable today IMO. I eat'em a couple times/week and definitely noticed the sizes better everywhere over the last 10 days.

Comment

I've been eating/cooking them for about 30 years and usually don't even try to buy them until spring break or after Easter, depending on supply. It's been far easier in the last 10-15 years since they've become in fashion; more suppliers.

Yesterday we cooked 105 lbs of bugs, 15 lbs of shrimp, and nearly 50 lbs of crab legs for about 25 people. The crawdads were $4/lb and pretty good size. There were no leftovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                      The crawfish are all purchased from the rice fields for the same price. Then the middleman/men jack/s up the price. Lowest price here are $3.19 boiled at Winne Dixie. But, there are much higher prices down the street. If you can hold out a another month, the prices will be much lower.
                      I can hold out forever or until I go see my FIL, he'll give em to me out his fields for free

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                        This. Prices will just keep increasing each year as the demand keeps growing. The popularity of boiling crawfish has gone through the roof over the last 20 years.

Heck, when I was a kid, the only crawfish boil I ever remember going to was an annual Kiwanis Club boil. I also remember there was a place in Kemah my Grandparents would take us to eat a few as well. I can't recall the name of the place, but it's where the Kemah Boardwalk stands today. Maybe it was the Flying Dutchman.

Now, everybody and their dog boils crawfish. It's turned into an Easter stable for some. They can be found all over the place...bars, restaurants, grocery stores, you name it. I certainly can't blame anyone as there are multiple reasons why it has grown in popularity.

Outside of high demand, I'm sure the mid-February weather was no help. Regardless, it's a popular thing to do and it's not going away.

Yup - I remember $.25/lb when I was a kid.

Comment

Anyone know what Circle M is charging a Lb.

Comment

Round trip.

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
                            That would be nice but not a 10hr round trip nice lol
                            I hauled 75#s of shrimp and 3 sacks of crawfish 1/2 way to KS for a buddy one time. Good thing I'm in N TX and hes in S KS. Met him in Guthrie OK. Saved him A TON of $$$. KS prices were quadruple TX prices!

Comment

$3.49 #

Brookshires, Pottsboro.

Have to order by tues to get em for the wknd. No idea on size.

Comment

Anybody know where I can get some close to Laredo? I know heb has them just wondering if there are any other options.

Comment

Working...
                                X