No announcement yet.

Non-Mounter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They go to the bone yard with the rest of the carcass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
      If it's not even worthy of a Euro-mount, I don't know why it would be shot...
      ^^^This.. "Culling" is highly overrated for the most part and greatly over emphasized..

Comment

We shoot the terds and cut the horns off at the bases with a sawzall if not euro mounting. I have thrown them down in the pens for the younger kids as sheds for "hunting"... They don't know the difference and it's good fun for them. They take them home usually to show mom.

No matter what any of our "experts" thinks of culling and the studies for and against, if we want another deer for meat, we shoot the terds in the age class and let the better deer go.....and don't euro mount. If that means a better deer covers a doe the terd would have covered, then so be it. If not, then so be it again...
        Last edited by Smart; 03-13-2021, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Most of mine get sawed off and given away to people who use them for decoration.

Comment

I think I have every set of horns from every buck I’ve ever killed spikes 1 horns fork horns every one is piled up some where.Hunting public land most of my life even the turds were special to me.So when I look through em from time to time it brings back good memories.I only have one shoulder mount a 170 inch deer I like euro mounts best it makes 150 inch deer look really big.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              Cause the rest of the deer is made out of meat.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Another quotable zinger from Curt!

Comment

I have a pile of sawed off antlers that I keep in my garage of bucks that don’t make the cut to get mounted. It’s funny because those racks I enjoy showing to friends that come over more than my big deer in the house. It’s amazing how the quality of the bucks in the “pile” is getting better as the years go by. There’s only so many mounts you can have in the house or office at work...... and I don’t plan on putting up the bow or rifle anytime soon.

Comment

I have all of my cull bucks horns screwed to the wall in the garage. Nothing fancy. running out of space though lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                    I have a pile of sawed off antlers that I keep in my garage of bucks that don’t make the cut to get mounted. It’s funny because those racks I enjoy showing to friends that come over more than my big deer in the house. It’s amazing how the quality of the bucks in the “pile” is getting better as the years go by. There’s only so many mounts you can have in the house or office at work...... and I don’t plan on putting up the bow or rifle anytime soon.
                    This is the same for me.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      Cause the rest of the deer is made out of meat.[emoji6]
                      So are does....and then you don't have the pesky antler trash dilemma.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                        This, I boil every head then hang upside down on the bottom support of the roof truss's of my work room that is attached to my carport.

Rwc
                        Here are a few, needed a wide angle lens.

Rwc
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                          So are does....and then you don't have the pesky antler trash dilemma.
                          Exactly, but some guys will never get it LMAO

Comment

Euro-mount, Euro-mount, Euro-mount

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                              Exactly, but some guys will never get it LMAO

What is there to get?

Comment

rack pile!

Comment

Working...
                                X