No announcement yet.

New laptop suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you were running a 15 year old desktop you're in for a massive upgrade no matter what you choose, regarding performance. If you're just emailing, browsing, and streaming netflix, just about any new laptop will do. it's pretty typical to know what you need in a computer if you're running specific software that has minimum requirements, so by not mentioning it my guess is you don't need anything fancy at all.

If so, then a cheapo from best buy would work fine, again, if all you're doing is emailing, internet browsing, and streaming video. If you need more storage you can get it pretty easily via external hard drives, USB drives, and SD cards.

At the end of the day you shouldn't have to spend more than $400 before theft (tax) and warranty. We just got one for my fiance that was like $300. Link below

Get it now! ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 is the slimmest and lightest 14-inch model in the ASUS VivoBook Flip range. It has an incredibly-slim 15.4mm profile, and features the ASUS NanoEdge ultra-narrow display bezel that enables it to fit 14-inch display into a chassis of an average 13-inch laptop.

Don't get an Acer. they really are crap.
    Last edited by dhall1414; 12-29-2020, 12:39 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

I carry mine everywhere and hated the “business class” dells I’ve be prescribed by the corporate world for the last 7 years. However the run flawlessly as described above. Lots of ram.

I’ve now gone to a surface pro 7 with 16g of ram and a 512gb ssd.

Freakin love, super easy to carry, work in the deer blind, let my boy watch movies in the truck, or dock to my big monitor for spreadsheets. I’d certainly recommend. I run some big excel files hut other than that don’t do much “heavy computing”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

great info... again, many thx for the help...

Comment

ASUS....NOT ACER! :-) I think as good as a Dell and very competitive price. The surface as noted above is also excellent but I found to be a bit fragile for me...

Comment

Working...
          X