No announcement yet.

New Ranch Cabin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job! It looks wonderful. For someone who doesn't want to do masonry for a living, you are very good at it.

Comment

Dang. You’ve got skills!!

Comment

Doors

I took the doors from a buddy's old ranch house. The old house is about 100 years old. I was able to get the frame, door, and trim without tearing it up. I have about 6 hours of sanding to get all of the laquer/varnish off of them and the trim. It's a lot of labor but i think they are cool. I'm not planning on staining them or anything but just leaving them like they are.I have 3 doors in this thing and I was able to get three doors out of the old ranch house.
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice! Following for sure. I like your idea of a "cabin". Awesome.

Can someone throw me a link to the rocked deer blind. I remember reading about it somewhere, but do not think I saw the build.

Comment

Doors

I laid stone over the plywood between the bedrooms. I dug and poured a big footing under this wall in anticipation of laying stone on it. I put enough footing under all of the exterior walls and this wall so I would be able to lay stone inside/outside of any of the walls.
            Attached Files

Comment

wood

The wood around the doors and over the stone is long leaf pine out of the 100 year old ranch house. It's all ship lap and is hard as nails. FREE WOOD!!!!
              Last edited by macoop; 04-27-2021, 01:05 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

The block of wood in the stone is for mounting the TV arm. There is a hole above it for running all of the plugs and cables through that will plug in on the other side of the wall so I don't have cords hanging behind the TV.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post

Can someone throw me a link to the rocked deer blind. I remember reading about it somewhere, but do not think I saw the build.
                  I don't have the links to them. I built three of them over the years. I don't know if they are still on here or not. Ill see if I can find some pictures of them

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post

See if this will work.

Comment

Great build, that's gonna be awesome, what are goin to put on ceiling ?

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
                        Excellent. Got a couple of calls left to make, then plan to settle in and check her out. Thank you sir.

I have been planning to make another blind this year. Given the price of material nowadays, I might decide to go this route. Have plenty of fieldstone to do one.

Comment

Sure glad you started this thread, great work.

Rwc

Comment

Man,that is awesome!

Comment

Fantastic work, those old doors look great, cool history. Nice work, keep it coming.

Comment

Awesome work. Will be following for the rest of the build.

Comment

Working...
                                X