Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a yearly deer lease

I am an up and coming hunter
    Turning 18 in February and out looking for low fence hunting primarily with a rifle but dabble with traditional archery somewhere closer to the canyon lake area
    Sometime my girl friend wants to go and excited to share the world or hunting and out doors to her
    Not looking for monster bucks just what ever walks by! If you got something or know somebody shoot me a text 8305157774

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck on your search bud. Here’s a little advice I would’ve liked hearing at 18. Focus on the bow... you learn far more when hunting in closer quarters. You’ll be a better rifle hunter or a better hunter for it period. Also... download OnX app. Ask for parents to lend you $30 for the year. Search out national forest and get in there a few years. When you finally get on a lease... you’ll be thankful for the perspective coming from hunting them natty woods. And again... you’ll learn a lot more.

Comment

I’ve seen a West Rx lease called crAne / lane ranch posted on TPWD several times by a used named firemedic with a Houston number

Curious about that one

Comment

Originally posted by devingreer View Post
        Good luck on your search bud. Here’s a little advice I would’ve liked hearing at 18. Focus on the bow... you learn far more when hunting in closer quarters. You’ll be a better rifle hunter or a better hunter for it period. Also... download OnX app. Ask for parents to lend you $30 for the year. Search out national forest and get in there a few years. When you finally get on a lease... you’ll be thankful for the perspective coming from hunting them natty woods. And again... you’ll learn a lot more.

This is excellent advise. Lease hunting is corn pile hunting for the most part. The skills you need for life are best honed on public land.

Comment

That's good advice to hunt public first.
          I usually hunt private for the meat and a little bit of hunting.
          I hunt public for a lot of hunting and a little bit of meat. Odds of success is less but when you score its a great feeling. My personal goal is to raise my odds of success on public through trial and error.

Comment

Working...
          X