Best Way to Cut Horse Stall Mats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Way to Cut Horse Stall Mats

Been a long time since I had to cut stall mats. Seems I've used a utility knife (slice slice slice slice until through it), sawzall, hack saw.

What in your experience works the best/easiest???

circular saw....if I remember turn the blade backwards

Comment

Soapstone to mark the cut, cut the line with a utility knife, then bend it at the cut while you cut the rest of the way through.

Comment

Watched a guy using some sort of “hot knife” putting what looked like horse stall mats in gym. Fast clean and little to no effort.

Comment

Jig saw

Comment

I just cut them with a box blade and do like Rod said up above. score it, fold it and cut it.

Comment

Box blade

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
                This is how we did it

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                  Soapstone to mark the cut, cut the line with a utility knife, then bend it at the cut while you cut the rest of the way through.
                  This

Comment

I just cut one to fit in the back of my Gator. Used a Sawzall with a metal blade, worked very nice.

Comment

Just like cutting corrugated tin. Turn the blade on your circular saw backwards and have at it!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                        Just like cutting corrugated tin. Turn the blade on your circular saw backwards and have at it!

Learned something new today. [emoji16]

Comment

I've done it several times with box cutters, but it's like you describe... score score score cut cut cut. When I had a bunch of them to cut for deer blind floors, I used my circular saw. If you don't mind the "rubber dust" this is the way to go. I didn't bother turning the blade backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
                            Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                            It cuts a lot better if you don’t turn the blade backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
                              It cuts a lot better if you don’t turn the blade backwards.
                              Never tried it without turning the blade backwards. Grandpa taught me to turn the blade over 30yrs I never questioned him. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X