No announcement yet.

Parking spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take out about 3" of soil. Level with some sand about 1" thick on top of felt. Lay down concrete pavers & fill cracks in with more sand.
    Can be easily removed later if needed.

Comment

concrete, and next year one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by ny bowhunter View Post
        Agree - concrete.

If you go the gravel route, you will have to manage weeds. I hate having "one more thing" to take care of. Pour the concrete, enjoy it.
        This! I totally agree.

Comment

I have a decent quote on a 4-5 inch thick slab and they can start tomorrow. Now the question is do I bother filing the HOA approval or just do it and hope for the best. Can’t see how anyone could protest it and it is well back on my property. My immediate neighbors won’t care. I think I’m just gonna get it going and ask forgiveness later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wheal and tire upgrade With a house that nice that truck needs to roll...

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
              Wheal and tire upgrade With a house that nice that truck needs to roll...

Lol I’m rolling on 20s now. That rut is from my utility trailer. [emoji23]

Comment

look into plastic pavers if cost is an issue. We used them at our office to add additional parking in the grassy areas. No ruts, no gutting stuck when it rains.

Comment

do it and as you say , ask for forgiveness later

Comment

I would do it and if the HOA chimes in tell em it was an old concrete drive that was causing drainage issues that you were concerned that it might damage the retaining wall and adjacent drain. You had a friend that is a engineer and he concurred. If you need an engineers report I can contact him and I am sure i he will send you a report. I think his typical fee is around $2,000 which he will make the bill out to the HOA and payable by said HOA. After all of that BS the HOA head will most likely either believe every word or they will be so confuse they will leave you alone. Good Luck LOL

Comment

Hope they don't wreck out your existing drive doing the extension.

Comment

Update: I'm legally responsible for maintaining the drain since it's on my property, even if within the easement according to our bylaws. Also $500 fine if I pour before the permit. I can wait 2 weeks and not risk it. This hood is giddy about fining folks. Keeps the place looking nice I guess.

So the next project will be down the slope from where that rock drain stops. The corrugated pipe has rusted away and collapsed in multiple places. Neighbor offered to help me with it. Will do some test digging and see if that is DIY or not. No idea how long the pipe is/was. Will be out there today finding out after I make a probe out of some rebar.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                          I would do it and if the HOA chimes in tell em it was an old concrete drive that was causing drainage issues that you were concerned that it might damage the retaining wall and adjacent drain. You had a friend that is a engineer and he concurred. If you need an engineers report I can contact him and I am sure i he will send you a report. I think his typical fee is around $2,000 which he will make the bill out to the HOA and payable by said HOA. After all of that BS the HOA head will most likely either believe every word or they will be so confuse they will leave you alone. Good Luck LOL
                          You smart Texan. UT or not. You smart.

Comment

new house ...why go cheap?
                            concrete and then cover it with a car port

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
                              new house ...why go cheap?
                              concrete and then cover it with a car port

Yeah I wish but no carports allowed here. Longer term plan is to build a small workshop and garage for golf cart, mower and such just behind this slab. Then I can put my truck in the garage.

Comment

Anybody know the going rate for ready mix? The bids I have seen range so dramatically I’m wanting a sanity check on materials.

Comment

Working...
                                X