Lamb Chops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lamb Chops

Thought I would share this delicious and surprisingly simple recipe I made last night. Season chops with sea salt, course black pepper and freshly chopped thyme. Let rest for up to one hour. Melt 2 tbsp butter in a skillet, I used a large cast iron. Sear chops on one side 6-10 minutes depending on thickness. Flip and repeat. Internal temp between 140-145 remove and set aside to rest. In the pan add another 2 tbsp butter, finely chopped shallots, 2 large cloves of garlic, a sprig of fresh thyme. Let the garlic and shallots brown. Deglaze with a half cup of chicken stock and let it reduce by about 1/3. Sprinkle with fresh lemon zest and pour over the resting chops.
    Attached Files

I guess you have to develope a taste for mutton. Looks great though.

Comment

That looks so good. Love me some lamb chops

Comment

I can make myself sick on some good lamb chops. I am partial to mint jelly on them. Mutton and Lamb are not the same thing, same critter, but not same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
          I can make myself sick on some good lamb chops. I am partial to mint jelly on them. Mutton and Lamb are not the same thing, same critter, but not same thing.
          Yup mint jelly is great. Modern lamb chops are close to pork chops. Mutton is way different.............

Comment

Looks perfect! Your process would work with any protein.

Comment

Love lamb chops. Looks good

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                Thought I would share this delicious and surprisingly simple recipe I made last night. Season chops with sea salt, course black pepper and freshly chopped thyme. Let rest for up to one hour. Melt 2 tbsp butter in a skillet, I used a large cast iron. Sear chops on one side 6-10 minutes depending on thickness. Flip and repeat. Internal temp between 140-145 remove and set aside to rest. In the pan add another 2 tbsp butter, finely chopped shallots, 2 large cloves of garlic, a sprig of fresh thyme. Let the garlic and shallots brown. Deglaze with a half cup of chicken stock and let it reduce by about 1/3. Sprinkle with fresh lemon zest and pour over the resting chops.
                Great, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                  It’s a shame most people don’t know the difference between mutton and lamb. Lamb is some fine eating.

I like to Texas mine up a bit by smoking it and I’ve taken to using jalapeño jelly instead of mint. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by texasbbq View Post
                    Looks perfect! Your process would work with any protein.
                    X2

And if somebody who goes by texasbbq thinks this is perfect, I dang sure won’t argue. Those chops turned out great, will try this, thanks for posting.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Working...
                      X