Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the deal with Prescription RX and other aps??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I quit trying. I just pay my out of pocket up front Jan 1 and get them all “free” for the rest of the year. Much less hassle

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
      Same here. My insurance copay is more expensive than what it costs to use my GoodRx discount card.
      My experience with GoodRx as well and I have very good insurance with the company I work for.
      I always have them run it both ways to see what is the cheapest and a lot of times it is GoodRx.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Rx that insurance won’t cover and it’s $600 out of pocket for me. Will GoodRx, or the like, help me in this instance?

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
          I have a Rx that insurance won’t cover and it’s $600 out of pocket for me. Will GoodRx, or the like, help me in this instance?

You will probably have to try it next time and see. Not sure what you have to lose by comparing it.

Comment

I’ve never seen any of them lower than my insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
              Go to goodrx.com and use the search feature.

Comment

You don’t have to run your Rx thru your insurance. You can check the price with good rx then decide how you want to pay.

Comment

I'm still not sure how GoodRx makes money, unless it is ad driven (but I don't remember seeing ads). All I know is it's ridiculously less expensive if you use GoodRx. I've also learned that some pharmacies can fill my blood pressure rx for a third of what it costs at others. What's that about?

There's a lot of screwy stuff going on with prescription pricing these days.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                    I’ve never seen any of them lower than my insurance.
                    I take a cholesterol lowering med that is $15 copay through BC/BS.

On goodrx it is $49 at Walgreen’s, $12.55 at CVS, $4.67 at Kroger and $4.33 shipped free.

Comment

I have the pharmacy comparison shop for me. I hand them my insurance card and the Good rx price and ask them which is cheaper. Sometimes the insurance wins and sometimes Goodrx. Most times it’s Goodrx.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                        I take a cholesterol lowering med that is $15 copay through BC/BS.

On goodrx it is $49 at Walgreen’s, $12.55 at CVS, $4.67 at Kroger and $4.33 shipped free.
                        I guess I need to check more. I have United Health.

Comment

I guess I need to check more. I have United Health.
                          There is obviously some issues with big Pharma. Look at the prices on my cholesterol medicine. I can get it at Walgreens for $15 co-pay but almost $50 through goodrx at the same location. I can go across the street to CVS and get it for less than my co-pay and then I can go a couple of miles down the street to Kroger and get it for $4.

I had asked one time out of curiosity at Walgreens, what if I simply pay the Walgreen’s price out-of-pocket and it was almost $1000 for a 30 day supply. So the same med can go from $4 to $1000, according to who is paying or where it is bought or what kind a back rooms deal a company makes with big Pharma.

To quote Shakespeare, “something is rotten in the state of Denmark“.

Comment

Is the higher prices just the other pharmacies higher markup?

Comment

Is the higher prices just the other pharmacies higher markup?
                              I have no clue. A couple of years ago my wife had a couple of prescription medicines and it had not cleared the insurance yet. Assuming that it had cleared for co-pay, Walgreen’s handed me the meds and then rang it up. The girl said something like, that will be $1,673.55.

I asked why I was not $30 for the two co-pay and she said they had not cleared yet. When she rang up the price she did not even ask me if I wanted to pay, I guess assuming that I was going to shell out the cash. I said just go ahead and put it back on the shelf until it clears ....

Which it did..

Something is not right but I would be willing to bet that most pharmacies charge roughly the same thing or otherwise one can easily put the other out of business. Of course that would be using logic and I don’t think there is any logic except some back rooms deal maybe involving some kind of kickbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                So do pharmacies all pay roughly the same price for these drugs and then sell them for what they can get for them?

Just curious why some would sell what appears to be so much cheaper than others. And what does an Ap have to do with anything? Is it like price shopping where one pharmacy says oh crap you got us...it's cheaper across the street so we will sell it to you for that also?
                                I wish that would work on Ammo.

Comment

Working...
                                X