I Made a Poor Shot on an MMR Spike...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    If you need any more friends to talk you into questionable, to awful decisions...I can send you a few dozen contacts.[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    Who??? Bad decisions?? Whaaaaat...???

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
    I am glad you posted this video. Did you find your arrow from the deer that went over the cactus? At least in slo mo you could see the arrow flight after shot.

About how many hours does it take to produce that video from an editing stand point?

Yes, the arrow hit the pear and pretty much dropped straight down onto the trail just below.

This video was pretty straight forward and fairly easy to edit. I didn't put a lot of "fluff" (b-roll, aerials, etc) in it so I could pretty much lay it out on the timeline in chronological order and then start trimming. HOWEVER...I filmed the intro after the shot - in fact it was filmed the next morning inside another blind (if you look carefully you can see the difference in the blind materials). Still, pretty simple to move around.

The most time consuming part is syncing the audio and video. I typically record audio with an external recorder (you can frequently see the Instamic on my shirt or jacket in most videos) and then match it up with the video footage in post. Another "insider" note...Y'all know I love the 240fps slow mo on this camera, but the camera doesn't record audio at that frame rate, so I have to record it externally (on the Instamic, Osmo Pocket, etc.) There have been times where I failed to record separate audio and had to pulll audio from a completely different source. Usually it's just the shot from inside the blind, so it's fairly easy to match that up with something else.

As a side note, there have been a couple of times where I turned the camera around to get Hannah's reaction or post shot interview and failed to record somewhat critical audio.

In all, this one probably took me a few hours to edit on Sunday evening. I even referred to it as a "lazy edit" when I sent it to Casey.

...apologies if this is a longer answer than you were looking for!
    Last edited by Michael; 02-04-2021, 09:14 AM.
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Good job and good video Michael.

I saw that missing fletching right off...I was wondering when it would appear out of the darkness and it never did. Im glad Hardware caught it too and brought it to your attention.

Ive had weird flight from fletchings getting flattened from being in the bow case in the wrong position too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
        Good job and good video Michael.

I saw that missing fletching right off...I was wondering when it would appear out of the darkness and it never did. Im glad Hardware caught it too and brought it to your attention.

Ive had weird flight from fletchings getting flattened from being in the bow case in the wrong position too long.
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Another excellent video Michael. Keep em coming

Comment

Thanks. More to come!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

That stuff happens

Comment

Originally posted by Devildogg View Post
                That stuff happens

It does. I was lucky to find this one. It was a much worse shot than Hannah made on her deer that we didn’t recover even with dogs. I would have gladly traded outcomes.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Better to be lucky than good my friend! Fun video to watch. Glad you included it! Already missing deer season!

Comment

Originally posted by robbyayala View Post
                    Better to be lucky than good my friend! Fun video to watch. Glad you included it! Already missing deer season!

No doubt! Thanks Rob!

Turkey season is just around the corner!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                    X