Places to Stay in Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Places to Stay in Houston

My son and I will be visiting the San Jacinto Battleground site in June. We will coming from Gonzales and will spend the night before touring San Jacinto. Any recommendations on where to spend the night and/or areas of Houston to avoid staying in?

You are going to need to stay in the downtown area or the Kemah area. Do NOT stay close to San Jac. Make sure you eat at the Monument Inn and get the Stuffed Japs and don't pass on the bread. Delicious!

Comment

I would stay in DeerPark

Comment

There's a nice Holiday Inn on Beltway 8 between Fairmont and Spencer Rd's. Good restaurants in the area too.

A little further south on BW 8 there is a Hampton Inn next to Academy.

X's 2 on Monument Inn. Good eats!

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
          There's a nice Holiday Inn on Beltway 8 between Fairmont and Spencer Rd's. Good restaurants in the area too.
          I forgot about that area. That is not a bad idea. Regardless of where you stay in Houston, don't leave anything in your vehicle you can't live without.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
            I forgot about that area. That is not a bad idea. Regardless of where you stay in Houston, don't leave anything in your vehicle you can't live without.
            This ^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by chrigging View Post
              I would stay in DeerPark
              That would get my vote.

Very close to the monument/battleground and not far at all from the area mentioned above for dining.

Comment

Just drive in and drive out! Gonzales isn't that far if you like your vehicle and personal property.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post

A little further south on BW 8 there is a Hampton Inn next to Academy.

X's 2 on Monument Inn. Good eats!
                  This is what I'd do. I live less than 2 miles from Beltway and Fairmont, there's a few good restaurants nearby. Not many good places in La Porte and Deer Park to eat if your looking for better than nice food.

Comment

You could stay around Baybrook area, I45 South and Nasa Rd. Nice area and only about 20 minutes from the Monument. You can hit Nasa road and drive through Clear Lake and take Hwy 146 back up to Hwy 225.

Comment

Thanks for the info. We live in Idalou (near Lubbock) and are traveling to New Orleans for the WW2 museum while seeing sights about Texas Independence along the way.

Comment

Working...
                      X