Diesel Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diesel Question

My wife drives a 2019 Equinox with a diesel engine. I saw another thread a bit ago with people talking about adding fuel additives to prevent the diesel from gelling in the cold. Her owner's manual says that it has a heating system to prevent gelling...should I try to find something to add to the fuel or will it be ok as is?

I'm not. Not going to run the risk of voiding my warranty. Maybe is it was older.

Comment

Originally posted by Polaris700 View Post
      I'm not. Not going to run the risk of voiding my warranty. Maybe is it was older.
      I was thinking the same thing honestly. It's my understanding even if it gels, worst case scenario you just have to replace the fuel filter.

Comment

These new engines are fragile fuel system

Comment

It will be fine. Maybe a bit hard to start on Monday but the new diesels have come along way. Leave it alone and you will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wasn’t taking any chances. I put some sea foam in the truck & tractor. So far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You will be fine. I wouldn't worry too much about gelling. Oil companies put so many additives in, it's practically a non-issue up north, much less here in Texas.
              Last edited by WItoTX; 02-14-2021, 05:20 PM. Reason: .

Comment

You’ll be fine!

Comment

Fill the tank. Leave least air space possible.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    You will be fine. I wouldn't worry too much about gelling. Oil companies put so many additives in, it's practically a non-issue up north, much less here in Texas.
                    My pickup gelled up yesterday and wouldn't run. It doesn't have a heating system for the fuel. I had to add seafoam to the tank to get it back running.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                      My pickup gelled up yesterday and wouldn't run. It doesn't have a heating system for the fuel. I had to add seafoam to the tank to get it back running.

Farther north they blend their diesel fuel to keep it from gelling. They don't do that in Texas.

Comment

Plugged my 3.0L in last night and started it this morning. Ran fine.
                        Last edited by Polaris700; 02-15-2021, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                          You’ll be fine!

My 2020 wouldn't run this morning. -15 wind chill. Not sure how to proceed to get to the firehouse tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by sunsethunter View Post
                            My 2020 wouldn't run this morning. -15 wind chill. Not sure how to proceed to get to the firehouse tomorrow

Mine wouldn’t start when I tried to leave the station yesterday, fuel was felled up. Never had that issue before. I put a heater up under the engine for about 30 minutes and it cranked right up.

Comment

Originally posted by sunsethunter View Post

Wind chill doesn’t affect it. Only the ambient temperature.

Comment

Working...
                              X