BBQ tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ tech

My 15 year old digital thermometer finally crapped out and I have questions before I start shopping. Been limping by on the one that connects in to my pellet cheater but that keeps me running to the patio. I know there are Bluetooth models but:

1) is there one that will connect to my WiFi and offer an app that alerts me over the inter web like my garage door does? We have an oven that does this so there must be a bbq thermometer too.

2) anybody know of a WiFi enabled power strip that would allow me to cut power to the smoker over a web app?

Thanks for saving me google time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Meater is one. Weber has one also.

No wifi power strips I am aware of BUT you could buy a smart plugin outlet and plug the power strip into that

Comment

Pulling this one back up before I release my wish list to the wife. Pretty much targeting the Inkbird IBBQ-4T which is lithium rechargeable and has the wifi connectivity with app so I can monitor on the golf course. Found a smart outlet so I can kill power to the pellet cheater remotely too.

Reviews on the weber are dismal and the Meater is pricey if you want multiple probes. Any others I should be looking at?

Comment

I use thermoworks "smoke" model. They also have another model that runs through wifi.

Comment

Thermoworks Signals
          Thermoworks Smoke
          ThermaQ Wifi

I use the Signals and ThermaQ and they have been flawless. They offer many different heat probes for use in many different cooking types.

Comment

I was looking at putting one of these on my list as well.

Comment

I have had good luck with all my thermoworks thermometers. I would order one from their website.

Specializing in cool, unique and professional temperature tools. Super-Fast thermocouples, thermistors, infrared thermometers, data logging and more.

Comment

Working...
              X