Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    We have a 2nd meeting coming up and I will ask then
    Ask your huntmaster to include any qualified youth you want. They can contact headquarters and have them in their hunt, I do this on almost all my hunts.

Comment

I would love to put my daughter in for any tyhp hunts that are hosted by TBH landowners!

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by mooney_ag View Post

To the op...
          I was sad too when i figured out my youngest aged out of tpwd this year. He had a great hunt last year to end it and we didn't even realize it at the time. We had some great ones. Might take a mix of odds. If you're willing to drive look at lake mcclelland. Good odds. Several kids limited out (one buck two doe). One kid all in the same sit. The staff bent over backwards to make it successful. As he gets a little older look at Colorado bend. It's compartment, so you pick your spot and go. Lower odds but great time was had. Several others we were able to do and some we weren't. Also, totally recommend tyhp but they do require hunters Ed which tpwd does not.
          Yea lake McClellan is a great hunt. Took my nephews on that hunt. My nephew might be the one spoken of above. He got a buck and 2 does within 15 minutes. It was a great hunt for both my nephews. Almost didn’t have enough ice chests for all the meat. The staff was awesome.

When my son was young enough he was actually never drawn on any youth hunts over the years. He still was able to hunt multiple hunts every year. All on standby along with a few TYHP hunts. Point is even if not drawn don’t forget the standby. Chap youth antlerless is all but a guarantee to draw standby. Been at least a dozen times with son and then nephews and never saw them turn away a hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            TBH deer hunt may not happen this yr since we’re committed to 2 TYHP hunts Hosting 12 hunters total. However spring turkey hunt /fishing is very possible. And best time for a 10lb Bass
            I am going to have my son apply for the TYHP hunt. He'd be down for a spring hunt/fish for sure.

Comment

Anybody having issues logging into TYHP website? I'm trying to upload my sons license and hunter ed course and cant find my account.

Comment

Originally posted by popo1984 View Post
                Anybody having issues logging into TYHP website? I'm trying to upload my sons license and hunter ed course and cant find my account.
                It's down right now. Been that way for a while.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by popo1984 View Post

They posted on Facebook that it will be another 2-3 weeks before the new website is completely finished and we can log back in again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been trying to log into TYHP for the last month and its down. I called last week and they said it will be up any day. I keep checking but nothing yet.

Comment

Took my son in 2 TYHP hunts.
                      The absolute best trips, food, guides and other hunters. We learned so much. We always tell folks about it. So good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged.

Comment

I called and they said they hope to have it up by the 1st. The lady I spoke with was very helpful and explained how to get everything uploaded and how the hunts work. Can’t wait to get my son on some hunts

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post

When my son was young enough he was actually never drawn on any youth hunts over the years. He still was able to hunt multiple hunts every year. All on standby along with a few TYHP hunts. Point is even if not drawn don’t forget the standby. Chap youth antlerless is all but a guarantee to draw standby. Been at least a dozen times with son and then nephews and never saw them turn away a hunter.
                            OP, Chap is close to you. The kids have a blast at the campsites. The standby hunts are for the antlerless hunts. Not too late to put him in for the youth either sex hunt down there.

Comment

Working...
                            X