Deer rifle...how often do you clean it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer rifle...how often do you clean it?

I'm a bow hunter. I let a kid borrow my deer rifle I never use. I broke it in and sighted it in, and cleaned and put it up. He probably shot 6 rounds through it. Should I clean it now or wait until the end of the Season, or both?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

You’re supposed to clean them?

Comment

Unless it get wet or dropped in the dirt I clean mine after the season. Barrel after the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
        You’re supposed to clean them?
        LOL thats what I was thinking. In all reality I dont clean mine till they are noticeably dirty or get a little rust on them from hunting in the rain

Comment

I try to wipe mine down when I get home from the lease, though often they just get put back in the safe. Typically a good break-down cleaning and barrel scrub after the season.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
            I try to wipe mine down when I get home from the lease, though often they just get put back in the safe. Typically a good break-down cleaning and barrel scrub after the season.
            Same wipe down with a oily rag , clean barrel out if a shot it 10 or 20 times

Comment

Never to be honest.
              Last edited by flywise; 11-28-2022, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Barrel won’t get cleaned until it starts opening up. Might be 2/3/400 rounds.

Wipe dirt off on occasion.

If it gets wet I DO break it down and clean and oil it.

Y’all clean your guns too much. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  Never to be honest
                  Here we go with the high horse BS again lol.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    Barrel won’t get cleaned until it starts opening up. Might be 2/3/400 rounds.

Wipe dirt off on occasion.

If it gets wet I DO break it down and clean and oil it.

Y’all clean your guns too much. Lol
                    You clean Yours too much! I wait until my boolit starts tumbling

Comment

On a busy year I may shoot it 5 times. Can not remember the last time I cleaned the bore...

Comment

Wipe down the outside every evening, clean the barrel after season, break it down and clean it if you have it out in the rain.

Comment

Keep a 6.5 in my truck at all times for shooting coyotes/pigs around the house. It gets shot 3-4 times a week. Had it 4 years now and I may have wiped the dust off it once or twice.

Comment

Wipe down outside every time it’s carried, complete clean after each season

Comment

Oily rag after every sit. A long time on the barrel at six times a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X