Best rv battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best rv battery

Think I might need to change out the battery on my camper. What's the best battery for the money to get. It's a 5th wheel with 3 slides and fridge is 12 volt, lights and heater.

Lithium? Be sure your charger will work with lithium batteries. This might be the best option if you camp off the grid much.

Comment

I like Lifelines for standard AGM batteries.

Comment

I wanted lithium but didn’t want to pay the price for a good lithium battery. So after doing a lot of searching, I found a site where I was able to buy lithium cells, buy a BMS, and put it all together myself. It cost me about $800 to build a 300 amp/hr battery. I’ve got a 41’ 5th wheel that has 4 slides and auto leveling. The last time I moved it, the power inverter was running for about 2 hours to run the 20 cubic foot fridge, I hitched the RV up to the truck without the RV being plugged in, ran the slides in as well without the RV being plugged in, then set it all up, moved the slides back out, and leveled the RV before plugging the power cord back in. After all of that the battery voltage had dropped from 13.3 volts where the converter keeps it(my converter does have a lithium switch) down to 12.7 which I was fine with. It is nice not having the slides slow down or the leveling jacks slow down. It was DEFINITELY worth the money!!!

Comment

Don't dry camp, always have power, are generator. Don't want a lithium. Was thinking mabye a optima are something along those lines.

Comment

I have 2 of the everstart batteries I took of my camper last week. 1 year old for $100.

Comment

Working...
            X