Hunting poundage…..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting poundage…..

So recently tore my rotator cuff and while it’s fixed now I can’t pull 55lbs comfortably anymore. I’m wanting to not push the shoulder into tearing again so I was thinking between 43lbs and 47lbs. What is y’all’s opinion on the lower poundage bows for typical Texas hunting ( deer, pigs,Turkey,ect….)? Also any advice on arrows weight for said low poundage.
    Thanks

Hunting poundage…..

It’ll work just fine as long as you can put the arrow where it needs to be!!!!!

That is assuming you have a good tune and scary sharp broadheads.

Here’s plenty of proof:

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a 40 lb bow & I've killed 6 deer in 3 hunting seasons. Several of those I have had clean pass through & all have had entry & exit holes for effective bleed out. Agree on sharp 2 bladed broadhead. I love the Kudu brand.

Comment

40lbs used to be the minimum draw weight to bow hunt in Texas. You’ll be fine at 43-47 lbs. Good luck!

Comment

Well this gives me the reassurance that maybe a 45lbs bow will do what I need it to do….. now anyone have advice on how to get the wife to let me spend $2000 on a new bob Lee? Lol
          Thanks guys

Comment

I’ve dealt with shoulder issues and dropped from the high 50s down to 46-49# and have had great results. For whitetail and hogs low to mid 40s will do everything you need with a decent arrow build and sharp heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughterhog View Post
              Well this gives me the reassurance that maybe a 45lbs bow will do what I need it to do….. now anyone have advice on how to get the wife to let me spend $2000 on a new bob Lee? Lol
              Thanks guys
              My wife would never allow me to do that. She'd insist I spend it on a Primal Tech instead. [emoji2][emoji106]

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife wouldn't care but I would. When my shoulder was rehabbing, I bought an inexpensive ILF riser and a set of carbon foam limbs. No way that I would even consider a high-end bow with a set of limbs that I would need to spend another six to eight hundred dollars to replace after the shoulder healed.

Comment

Working...
                X