septic tank install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

septic tank install

In process of setting a mobile home at the ranch. 1-2 people living there at various times and possible full time

Is it better to go with concrete or plastic/fiberglass tanks? Its a 2 BR home, what size tank should I belooking for?

I have a tank what was part of a rental fleet for oilfield housing on location. these were trailer mounted tanks. Ive seen some that bought an buried them for a conventional septic system. I can get pics of the tank and I have no idea on brand. Its about 5' around and 5-6' tall.

I would go bigger then you plans that way if you ever decide to upsize the living arrangements you won’t have to worry about it later .

Comment

You might as well put in a 750 gallon tank. They aren't that expensive. We replaced one a couple of years back after a concrete tank started collapsing. For the new tank, removal of the old one, and installation of the new poly tank, the bill came to around $1450. I disposed of the concrete rubble. The drain field was fine, so he only had to measure carefully and set the tank where the inlet and outlet ports were at the correct height. Travel expense wasn't much as we live about thirty miles from his shop.

Comment

Yeah, 750-1000, to start. Concrete is nice, but then it goes from “do it yourself” to “delivery and placement with heavy equipment”. As long as there’s no chance of cars/equipment going over it, and you’re not in an extremely wet area (floating), plastic will do..

Comment

Also, a REAL septic tank will have the tube feeding the outlet BELOW the top level of the “sewage”. The tank you are talking about, the muck/solids floating on top might (it could just be a holding tank, and not septic)go straight out the outlet, to your leach field (before it has had more time to break down and sink in the tank), and lead to premature failure of your leach field...
          Last edited by Abctx; 10-22-2022, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Home Depot has a plastic one that is 1000 gallons, two chambers and it’s pre plumed. I just put one in and it was super easy and I wasn’t afraid of breaking it like a concrete one. I would recommend it and it would work well for the size you need.

Comment

Originally posted by TXCreed90 View Post
              Home Depot has a plastic one that is 1000 gallons, two chambers and it’s pre plumed. I just put one in and it was super easy and I wasn’t afraid of breaking it like a concrete one. I would recommend it and it would work well for the size you need.
              How much did it set you back?

Comment

Whatever you do, 2 chambers or 2 single chamber tanks is the way to go

Comment

Working...
                X