.17 hornet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.17 hornet

anyone got any 17 hornet they are looking to sell ?

there's a beautiful CZ 527 Varmint on gunbroker right now ... very surprised it's still there

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/947464031

Comment

Are you looking for a rifle or ammo?

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the link. I bought 6 boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            there's a beautiful CZ 527 Varmint on gunbroker right now ... very surprised it's still there

I’m glad that isn’t a 22 Hornet, cause I’d a probably done something stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
              I’m glad that isn’t a 22 Hornet, cause I’d a probably done something stupid.
              Nothing stupid about buying a CZ in 22 or 17 hornet

Comment

bump for you, I have that same CZ model in 17 hornet and had it threaded. It's a tack driver and hits suprisingly hard for it's size. Zero recoil and a great kids rifle.

We've shot turkeys, javelina, hogs, rabbits, coyotes, bobcats - only thing we haven't tried is a whitetail, but with an ear hole shot - I'm sure it would work just fine.

Good luck on your search!

Comment

Originally posted by cb4128 View Post
                  bump for you, I have that same CZ model in 17 hornet and had it threaded. It's a tack driver and hits suprisingly hard for it's size. Zero recoil and a great kids rifle.

We've shot turkeys, javelina, hogs, rabbits, coyotes, bobcats - only thing we haven't tried is a whitetail, but with an ear hole shot - I'm sure it would work just fine.

Good luck on your search!
                  easily my most favorite custom rifle .... 17 Ackley Hornet (basically a 17HH)

11.2 grs of powder under a 20 gr Vmax @ 3,750 fps into one ragged hole.

the 17AH/17HH is an inherently accurate cartridge and compares to the 17HMR in accuracy. Thank You P.O. Ackley who designed it in the 1950's.

Comment

easily my most favorite custom rifle .... 17 Ackley Hornet (basically a 17HH)

11.2 grs of powder under a 20 gr Vmax @ 3,750 fps into one ragged hole.

the 17AH/17HH is an inherently accurate cartridge and compares to the 17HMR in accuracy. Thank You P.O. Ackley who designed it in the 1950's.
                    I’ve been seriously considering a 17 Hornet custom for a couple years now, but my go to action mfgs do not make a Hornet boltface. I’ve kept myself from looking solely so that I do not start the project Any recommendations?

Comment

Jim Farley made this Firefly action around 1988 ?? which is the same size as an XP100 action. He made 2 with Hornet size bolt faces. I own the RB/RP , my friend own the other which is a RB/LP ... both solid bottom, single shot actions.

call Ian, Ryan, or Mr. Jim to see if Kelbly's will do an ATLAS Tactical with a hornet BF. Or call Glenn at Defiance. Bruce at BAT will build you one but it will cost $1700+ and take over 1 year on delivery. I'll see what else I can come up with to help a brother out

Comment

It’s probably a good thing I didn’t see this earlier my wife would have killed me.

I really wish I would have picked one of these up 5 years ago when they were still floating around and being produced and normal price. CZ really messed up taking the 527 line out of production.

Would pair nicely with my 527 varmint .204 Ruger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X