Another hunting cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another hunting cart

I picked up a ‘99 Club Car DS from another TBHer for a good price with the intentions of building a neighborhood cruiser/stealth hunting cart a few months ago. It was a little tired and I knew it would likely need some upgrades to give me the kind of power and range I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend gave me some Raptor liner so as I began ordering parts and waiting for delivery, I stripped the cart down and sprayed it with the liner.

Comment

Comment

My first orders were a new Alltrax controller and a D&D torque motor as well as new solenoid and F//R switch.

I also ordered an All Sports 4” lift and flip rear seat kit. Since All Sports builds them when you order them, I had to wait about five weeks for delivery. The electronics came in quickly but I couldn’t install the motor without the lift. This picture is actually more recent (post-lift).

Comment

Of course I had to put a clays basket on it and I welded up a bar on which I mounted a gun rack. Also upgraded to some six ply tires and new wheels.

Recovered the seat and did a few other odds and ends.

Comment

Last but certainly not least, I know I needed to make a decision about the batteries. The ones I had were six years old and did alright before the upgraded but quite a bit less range after. Anyone who has ever had a cart knows lead acid batteries are a pain. I did a lot of research and ended up squeezing in a 105aH Ecobattery lithium pack. It’s a beauty.

Comment

The Eco came with its own on board charger and a voltage reducer so those went in at the same time. The charger is mounted on board so all you need to charge it is an extension cord.

I’m thrilled with the outcome of the cart. I probably spent way too much getting it to its current state but it’s exactly what I wanted. Tons of torque, tons of range.

It won’t replace my Honda Pioneer but it’s so nice for its intended purpose. I’ll report back as I get some miles on it.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Great looking build! I’m itching for another one. The Mule FXT just isn’t as fun or handy around the neighborhood.

Comment

Looks like a great ride to me! I'm taking notes, wouldn't be surprised if I end up with a similar project

Comment

That's sharp

Comment

Very nice build. Lithium is definitely the way to go. Lead acid sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I am looking for a golf cart for the neighborhood right now and this is awesome! Really jealous.

Comment

Thanks, guys. One picture I forgot is my dash setup

Comment

Working...
                              X